Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,606   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Darned, fandangled GAS

Why have one when you can ahve two at twice the price? Bought a second M645j at 4:21am this morning. Ya never know when something might happen to the one you already have. If I keep telling this to myself . . .
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, when the bill comes will you be able to pay it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find my bouts with GAS go into remission when I'm shooting lots... get out there and make some pictures with them!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    I find my bouts with GAS go into remission when I'm shooting lots...
    Hmmm ... You may be on to something Suzanne!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Not so much worried about paying for the camera, just for the viewfinder that I can now justify in buying another one of as well. Fortunately it came with the film charger and viewing glass included. Ooops, excuse me . . .
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let me just point out that prozac may be used to treat many compulsions, including the mood cycles that give rise to addictive shopping, and it is available in an inexpensive generic form.

However, when describing your compulsion to your healthcare professional in order to solicit a prescription, please do be sure not to use our colloquial acronym. Medically speaking, what we have is photo-oniomania, not GAS.

And no, oniomania has nothing to do with onanism, even though some of us have been known to press camera gear fondly against our bodies. It is a vicious cycle. If you do get new gear, you must not hug it, or your body will generate oxytocin and then your bank account will be drained.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great - thanks Keith!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's tax season...I'm having a bout of gas myself...but thankfully I've gotten the okay from the significant other to have it!
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Onomata-what? I dunno where you came up with that one, Keith, but nice. As to my significant other, if my beloved wife were to know that I just referred to her as my significant other she would probably significant me right in the others and that would REALLY produce some GAS. Non-photographic in all likelihood.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Let me just point out that prozac may be used to treat many compulsions, including the mood cycles that give rise to addictive shopping, and it is available in an inexpensive generic form.

However, when describing your compulsion to your healthcare professional in order to solicit a prescription, please do be sure not to use our colloquial acronym. Medically speaking, what we have is photo-oniomania, not GAS.

And no, oniomania has nothing to do with onanism, even though some of us have been known to press camera gear fondly against our bodies. It is a vicious cycle. If you do get new gear, you must not hug it, or your body will generate oxytocin and then your bank account will be drained.
    This might be the most accurate analysis of GAS I've ever seen. Thanks, I understand my disorder now much better! Now where did I put that Prozac...

Antje

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin