Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,576   Online: 1213

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for a Bag for Contax 645

Hi,
    I'm looking for a bag for storage and transportation of Contax 645 with 140mm/Hood and Grip attached. I'm interested in both options: shoulder bag and backpack. Please advice.
    Last edited by Evgeny; 03-08-2008 at 08:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Evgeny, it's a tough one! As for shoulder bags--I have used a Domke F-1x, their largest shoulder bag (I think) to carry just the rig you describe, along with two or three other lenses in their little Contax drawstring bags, plus other accessories. The slightly smaller F-2 might be more to your liking if you'd be carrying less.

Backpacks--? Never used one with this camera. I'd think a larger Lowepro or ThinkTankPhoto backpack would work well.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    What mike says
    Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a look at the Lowepro Slingshot range (http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Sling-bags,4.htm). The handy design allows you to carry the camera in a comfortable backpack but you can quickly swing it around to the front to extract the camera for shooting. It actually works rather well. I use the 100 AW version for my 35mm and occasionally for my SQA with two lenses (but the larger 200 AW would probably be a better fit for that, and your Contax).

Good hunting, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Have a look at the Lowepro Slingshot range (http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Sling-bags,4.htm)
    Bob, my F6 with 70-200 (reverse hood) can fit into Lowepro AW75, but Contax w/Grip and 140mm/hood can't, only a half of the prism is in the bag. I think Contaxt will not fit Slingshot 300, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    Evgeny, it's a tough one! As for shoulder bags--I have used a Domke F-1x, their largest shoulder bag (I think) to carry just the rig you describe, along with two or three other lenses in their little Contax drawstring bags, plus other accessories. The slightly smaller F-2 might be more to your liking if you'd be carrying less.

Backpacks--? Never used one with this camera. I'd think a larger Lowepro or ThinkTankPhoto backpack would work well.
    Mike, are you carried Contax in the F-1x with attached lens and hood? Which lens ?Will the system with attached grip fit, too?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
    Mike, are you carried Contax in the F-1x with attached lens and hood? Which lens ?Will the system with attached grip fit, too?
    The 140 with hood is my most frequently used lens so it is nearly always mounted on the body. I carry this with the grip; it fits easily into the F-1x with room to spare. As I said, I can also carry three or four other lenses in their contax padded bags, sitting on end like silos around the contax-grip-140-hood assembly.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin