Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,612   Online: 1118

Shooter
    Medium Format

6x7 slide storage

This is my first post so I hope this is the best place to ask. Up until recently 90% of my work was just printed and the film/slides filed away. Usually I sent my film out for processing. More recently due to all the shops here closing I have started to process and print my own film. A lot of the work is off a film recorder and I would like to file the film in a way I can find it in a hurry. As of right now I have a bunch of loose pieces of film like this

How are most of you storing 6x7s? What are you using to cut and mount them if you are? I searched around but a lot of the info and posts linked to sites that have since closed. Seems to be a theme with film. Anyways thank you in advance and I hope this is the correct place.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Printfile negative sleeves is the way I do it. Just mark the sleeves with the info that you need, and into a ring binder.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are different kinds of pages. The ClearFile Archival Elite type 17E are nice and thick and will hold a full 120 roll of sleeved film.... all 10 shots..

I just cut 'em with scissors into strips of 2 or 3 and leave 'em unmounted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the replies. RE clear slide pages are there any specific to 6x7? Even B&H Calumet and such just sent you pages designed for baseball cards. If none are specific I can buy archival trading card pages in town for 1/4 the price.

Images
    I only use the 6x7 style pages for temporary storage/sorting. For final storage, I use the Print File 45-4B (4-up top loading pages with 4x5 sleeves) since the 6x7 film mounts I typically use have an exterior dimension of 4x5. Since I often have dupes of the same image, I don't put everything in mounts, either. Instead, I generate just a label to go with a particular frame and put that in the sleeve with film, and if the image is submitted for publication, then I'll put it in a mount, attach the label. When the image is returned from the publisher, it goes into the 4x5 slot in the mount.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What 4x5 mounts are you using for long term storage?

Images
    We've used a variety over the years. Our preferred brand at the moment are the Foldmats™ with ReTac™ low-tac adhesive for a temporary bond (http://www.printfile.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=502).
    I leave the snipped film sleeved, drop them onto the Foldmat™, fold and seal it, attach the bar-coded caption and tracking label and put it into the page sleeve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin