Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,022   Online: 921

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thinking about a 2nd Rollei

So I have had a Rolleiflex for a while and I Love the thing. My absolute favorite camera to use and carry around. I just found someone who has one and wants to sell it for 400 Shekels (about $112). I'm thinking if its in Good shape and works it will be worth buying to have a 2nd body. Plus as I recall Rolleis are going up in value these days

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A photographer cannot be too rich, to happy, or have too many Rollei cameras.

Go for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a beautiful Rolliecord Vb, which I'm thinking of getting a bigger brother for. I keep looking at RolleiFlex 3.5f's...

Shooter
    35mm
    At that price... don't be thinking too long now.
    As Uhner quite rightly says "Go for it"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach in Israel View Post
    So I have had a Rolleiflex for a while and I Love the thing. My absolute favorite camera to use and carry around. I just found someone who has one and wants to sell it for 400 Shekels (about $112). I'm thinking if its in Good shape and works it will be worth buying to have a 2nd body. Plus as I recall Rolleis are going up in value these days
    Which model is it Zach? Do you know the serial number? Rolleis have been around since 1928, almost all the post-war models are good to use if in good condition, but $112 is [suspiciously?] cheap.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If its in a good condition and the money is not hard to part by,
    don't hesitate. A photographer can never have too few good cameras.

Btw, if you don't decide against it or there is another Rolleiflex to be found,
    I am in the market for one and won't trouble me to pay the shipping from next door
    neighbors.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like having two and Rolleis are pretty good investments especially at that price. With two you can send one in for overhaul and still have one to use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just bought myself a second Mamiya M645j so that I could have two different types of film or whatnot as the film chargers are in the body itself and I cannot interchange backs. So if for no other reason, a second body would give you more versatility. Besides, a second body never hurts. The camera bag shines more when you open it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    The wife said OK, I'm going to buy it if it looks good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin