Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,392   Online: 1017

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Nice gogles Ari. Now you just need the WWII BMW with sidecar
    Kind regards
    I always wanted one, you know Soeren.
    With a machine gun on the sidecar of course, to help with the traffic.

completely off topic, but this would be a dream come true:
    Last edited by arigram; 07-07-2008 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a reference, the screen of the Rolleiflex 2.8FX is slightly, but very slightly dimmer than the screen of the Hasselblad 501CM, which appears a bit "glossier". You have to really study them side by side and in normal working conditions you would not notice a difference.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Last night I had a Rolleiflex-nightmare.
    I was with my brother and maybe my parents, but I am not sure.
    We were traveling in Europe. At first we were in some small central european country and decided to go to Germany by train. Berlin was supposedly too far, Baden-Baden was our only option. I travelled there with them when I was a little kid.
    So, anyway.
    I've found myself in the train station, but in a room that looked like showers or lockers.
    Inside was a whole bunch of immigrants, gypsies, poor people. Probably influenced by recent european and italian anti-immigration laws, I felt they were put there and not by choice.
    I had my Rolleiflex with me so I decided to take some photos.
    I see a very interesting scene and press the release but it doesn't go in. I check and I had forgotten to rewind the film and cock the shutter, something that has happened to me more than once.
    I get upset but I continue and decide to aim at a kid that was standing next to me.
    I take a few snaps and then the kid turns to me and asks about the camera.
    Then I realize that the leather covering has been peeling off like cheap, dried-up paint.
    I am shocked and saddened to see my lovely new camera losing its good looks.
    It gets worse though because I get anxious and nervous.
    The release starts to crumble in my hand (the top covering falling off is something that happens often in real life).
    Now, I've panicked.
    Then I notice that the top of the camera, WLF and all is quite bent and distorted.
    I wake up in agony for my camera and when I come to, I give thanks it was just a dream...
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You should dream more about photography, you greek camera junkie!

Wake up Grammatikakis, go make photographs.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    dream on and write them ... those can turn into damn good photographs one day (without rollei distorting - hey, there is a planar lens on it - hahah).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just to add to aris description of rolleiflex FX screens ...
    the normal screen that comes with FX is indeed much better than any older ones, but not as good as the hasselblad ones. the high-D-screen (the one from 6008integral and same as 6008auto and hy6/afi) is a significantly better one - brigher and finer/smoother in texture (though not quite as smooth as specially dedicated super-smooth groundless). the snappy focusing is especially remarkable in indoors with lower light available.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rollei offers I think 5 different screens and the one that comes stock in the FX is not the super bright one. There is also available a plain ground glass.

I keep going back and forth between the Maxwell screen I have for the FX and the stock screen. The problem with the Rollei stock screen is that IMO it doesn't work well with my old style 90 degree prism (and I assume the new prism as well). It is very difficult to focus out of the center with the Rollei stock screen and the prism. However, the Rollei stock screen is better for the WLF than the Maxwell (it seems to me) because the maxwell goes extra dark in the corners when using the pop up magnifier.. which it doesn't do with the prism. I continue to be addicted to the prism which is due to bad closeup eye sight. The prism is much easier for me to see with.
    Dennis

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin