Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,439   Posts: 1,597,016   Online: 977

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just wanted to say that if you can only get 2k out of that set of lenses, you're selling in the wrong place. Sell at a digital-frenzied board like fredmiranda.com. Or maybe photo.net. I always want to save a buck and buy used, but it doesn't make sense to buy the nice canon glass used, because you save like only $50-100, and lose out on the warrantee, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oops, haven't been following this thread in a while.

Tim, that price does not include the 135L. I've already sold a few of the lenses on FredMiranda!

Thanks though,

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format

An Interesting Discussion, with Real People!

Good morning;

In looking at the "thread," it is obvious that there are some real people out here, with a sizable accumulation of knowledge, and some strong opinions. I admit that it has been interesting sitting in retrospect looking at the exchanges.

Soeren, thank you for the comment about using a laser pointer on the camera as an optical lever to show any mirror and shutter induced movement. So delightfully simple; so effective. One of those "so obvious" things that gives you that "slap-on-the-side-of-the-head" feeling along with the predictable comment; "Why didn't I think of that?" (Also, please accept my apology for the spelling of your name. I do not have the Scandinavian font set enabled on this keyboard.)

The comments about tripods I also found to be interesting. The lightest one in stock here is an old Husky Hi-Boy IV that weighs 7 pounds. There are also a couple of Bogen-Manfrotto and a venerable Davis-Sanford. All of them have the physical characteristic of "mass." I do agree with the comment about the light weight carbon fiber tripods not really being up to the task. As someone pointed out, you cannot get around the foundational laws of physics. By definition, something that is larger and has more mass will have a lower frequency natural resonance point and probably will be less suceptible to vibration problems. I tried to explain this concept to engineers specifying the poles for mounting television cameras used with vehicle detection systems for traffic signals, but had extremely limited success. As with some other comments, there is also the point that you can use the money you save, by not buying one of the carbon fiber tripods, for other things. A "win-win" scenario.

Guys, I think I have found a group that will be a very useful resource for someone who was given a 2 & 1/4 Square Medium Format camera a few years ago, and just recently has been able to drag out of storage and is now starting to get to know the camera and how to use it.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, N7KGA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi ya Ralph... welcome to APUG. It's good to have you aboard.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Instead of doing this why not print on real silver based enlarging paper and quit farting around with the computer junk?

35mm has been making some excellent prints for many years and can still do the job well if you work at it.

Why waste the money and time going to something else when you have tools that only need to be used properly to get good results?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin