Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,828   Online: 1073

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh my, that is monstrous.

Hassy it is!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent10D View Post
    I think the general recommendation for minimum hand-held shutter speed -- for both the Pentax and the Hasselblad -- is about 1/125 with a standard lens. You'd have to go faster with longer lenses. But of course there are always those "human tripods" who consistently manage to get sharp images at slower speeds.

I know of one pro who uses a Pentax 67 handheld who actually activates the MLU just before taking the shot. Tricky technique.
    Hmm, 1/125 is actually quite slow! Even shooting with Delta 3200, I am constantly shooting at f3.5 and a rather slow shutter speed with my Rollei...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonjoo View Post

Hassy it is!
    Stoop. Its compared to a smaller SLR than the EOS. I have a Nikon F100 the size of that with a 85mm f/1.4 is not much smaller than my P6X7 with a 75mm. Agreed the weight comparison is another matter. approx 1600g vs 2550g
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hassy it is!
    Remember that image is comparing a Pentax 110 to a 6x7.
    I had a Pentax 6x7 for a while and loved it, sharp lenses, well built and cheap.
    The disadvantages compared to a Blad are no interchangeable backs no leaf shutter (no flash sync at all speeds)
    Advantages are eye level operation (although you can get WLF for Pentax and Prisms for Blads) and the lenses are a lot cheaper, it also handles a lot like a big 35mm.
    Make sure if you go for the Pentax you get a MLU version some early ones were sans mirror lock.
    I swapped the Pentax for a Fuji 6x7 RF, which although doesn't have interchangeable lens or backs is very quiet and fast to use and I can hand hold down to 1/8 sec
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Any suggestions? My budget is around $2000, give or take $200 (or even more on the minus side). I do not want to spend any more than this.
    Unless you like the square format, why not try 6x9cm with Mamiya Press? It's almost the same ratio as the 35mm. The 23 Standard or Universal can do the great job and be had for 200 bucks with a body and a normal lens a 6x9cm folder and a grip, but you don't really need a grip. The size and the weight is in the game with Pentax67, but because of the lens-shutter, you can hand-hold the Mamiya Press down to, I would say, 1/30th of a second pretty steadily.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I first decided I " needed" a mf slr, I figured interchangeable backs was a very important feature. After shooting one for several years, I found interchangeable backs much less important than I first thought. Frankly, I just didn't change backs very often.
    Over the years, and many cameras later, my mf slr needs are now covered by a pair of pentaxes, a 67 and a 645. The 67 is big, but not huge. Not much bigger than a hassy, but a different shape. Also a bigger format. They are great cameras, and have gotten cheap for what they are. Great selection of glass. Built like tanks.
    The 645 is a different sort of beast. It really is no bigger than a bigger 35 or dslr, and has many of the same advantages. While it lacks interchangeable finders, the finder it has is big, bright, has a diopter correction, and is one of the few cameras I can see the whole screen with while wearing my glasses. It has a great meter with several auto modes, is auto wind. The lenses are superb. The mirror is extremely well dampened. It uses AA batteries.
    It can also take the same lenses as the 67 with an adapter.
    One thing I have learned over the years that I don't see mentioned often, is the issue of film flatness with mf gear. Some cameras do a poor job of holding the film flat, degrading sharpness.So a well designed and manufactured 645 may very well end up being sharper than a format with a larger negative. Just something for you to research before diving in.
    Of course none of these will make images any better than the Rollei you already own.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hassy it is!
    cotdt seems to be a little less than honest with his picture there.
    Of course it's monstrous when it's compared to a 110 camera that's what? Three inches wide?
    The Hasselblad is one of the more compact 6X6 SLR's but Bronica also offers an alternative.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look at the Bronica 645. The price is reasonable. visit Keh. http://www.keh.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    Unless you like the square format, why not try 6x9cm with Mamiya Press? It's almost the same ratio as the 35mm. The 23 Standard or Universal can do the great job and be had for 200 bucks with a body and a normal lens a 6x9cm folder and a grip, but you don't really need a grip. The size and the weight is in the game with Pentax67, but because of the lens-shutter, you can hand-hold the Mamiya Press down to, I would say, 1/30th of a second pretty steadily.
    I own a Mamiya Universal Press and a Pentax 67 - the Mamiya is a LOT bigger and heavier than the Pentax.

Look into the Pentax 67II - it is really a nice improvement over the original 67 - TTL metering with spot, matrix, and CWA modes, much lighter than the original , and a much brighter screen. 6x7 is a great format as you don't have to crop when enlarging for most paper sizes, and the SMC lenses are wonderful.

Another option for 6x7 SLR is the Mamiya RB67, which has interchangable backs and can be had for dirt cheap prices these days - although it is much bigger than the Pentax 67.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With only $2000, I doubt you will be able to get much of a Mamiya 7 system. Depending on the scanner used, bigger film = better results because there is more information on the larger films. For mostly landscapes have you thought about a 4x5 camera? Maybe one with a 120 roll film back? Just tossing out another idea.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin