Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,373   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could try cleaning the screen. Use a good quality Q-tip, distilled water (moistened only). Go in through the lens mount - removing C220 screens is not recommended unless you are prepared for the shims that will fall out.

Ambient light is a problem. You really need to use the magnifier to focus, even if you frame at arm's length. You also need to check that the magnifier is suitable for your eyesight. If you cannot focus the rim of the focus spot correctly, you will never bring the image to focus.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rather than buy a Beattie screen (which are bloody dear!), see if you can get a chimney finder - metered or unmetered. I use one on my C330f and it gives a very bright image or rather, it effectively blocks out all extraneous light. Don't, repeat don't get a prism finder. I made that mistake! They're OK if you really need to have an unreversed viewfinder image, but they make the image really dark.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just had a used RB 67 horizontal split image focusing screen cut down and installed in my 220. $25 for the screen, $30 for installation and focus check. The 220 focusing screen isn't interchangeable, so being mechanically disinclined, I'd have paid my technician to install any screen.

My 220 is now much easier to focus, and I didn't spend the price of a lens or another body for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin