Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,443   Online: 793

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Every back I have for my rb67 requires I move that lever before advancing the film. Either you are confused and have company in me, or that's the way it's suppose to work. You take the shot, recock the mirror, move that lever to the right, advance the film.

tim in san jose
    If I understand what he's saying, the film advance lever is stuck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGainer View Post
    It sounds to me that the back is not recognizing when you fire the shutter. The back locks up until the shutter is fired releasing the lock and allowing you to advance the film.
    And, if that's the case, then just buying another back would solve it, right? I don't have another back to just put on there, so I'd have to buy one to find out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Every back I have for my rb67 requires I move that lever before advancing the film. Either you are confused and have company in me, or that's the way it's suppose to work. You take the shot, recock the mirror, move that lever to the right, advance the film.

tim in san jose
    Ah ha! That's exactly what I have to do. It doesn't say that in the manual, and if that's the case, then THREE steps are needed to take a picture. But, if this is the problem you've had with all your backs, then buying another won't cut that step out.

I have to say that I am just glad at this point that I am *finally* able to take some pictures with this camera. I was getting ready to kick it into the lake until I figured out that little lever solved the problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The lever you have circled in your attachment is used to advance unexposed film. This is a quote from the manual...
    "When the film advance lever is continuously
    wound, with the film wind-stop release lever
    (42) pushed to the left, the film can be reeled
    up completely to its end, even though picture
    taking is still in progress and a film
    remains unexposed."

On my RB67, after I release the shutter, I cock the mirror and move the film advance lever and then I'm ready for the next picture. That's it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    The lever you have circled in your attachment is used to advance unexposed film. This is a quote from the manual...
    "When the film advance lever is continuously
    wound, with the film wind-stop release lever
    (42) pushed to the left, the film can be reeled
    up completely to its end, even though picture
    taking is still in progress and a film
    remains unexposed."

On my RB67, after I release the shutter, I cock the mirror and move the film advance lever and then I'm ready for the next picture. That's it.
    I think there's some good money to be had for someone who wants to rewrite that manual in terms someone like me could understand.

What that says to me is that if I want to roll up the film before I've taken all ten shots, then that's how it's done. But, I don't think it's telling me to use that film wind-stop release lever just to advance the roll one frame. So, I still don't know if that's the normal operation.

Travis, what do you make of that? Cause I'm really having trouble understanding the way the manual is worded.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryhill View Post
    ...What that says to me is that if I want to roll up the film before I've taken all ten shots, then that's how it's done. But, I don't think it's telling me to use that film wind-stop release lever just to advance the roll one frame...

That's exactly what it's saying. I've had my RB67 for almost 3 years and I've used the film wind-stop lever exactly twice.

My RB body is a Pro-S and my backs are Pro-S. I've never used a non Pro-S back so I don't know Pro-S and non Pro-S backs/bodies interact. Are both body and back Pro-S?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem is most likely either the the revolving adapter or back itself, more likely the revolving adapter. Even if the little pin moves when the shutter fires, it might not be coming out far enough. I have seen this problem with a couple of revolving adapters. The problem could also be with the back though. I would use a paper clip to test the function of the back.

tim in san jose
    If it happens with every back, it is almost certainly the revolving adapter not working properly (the little pin probably doesn't move freely enough). It only takes a little resistance to cause the little pin to not work properly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never used that lever - I didn't even know what it was for before this thread! Just cock shutter and advance the film.

I have had similar symptoms though, normally after swapping the polaroid back and rotating back. Removing and reseating the rotating back (the whole plate, not just the film holder) has always fixed for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    My RB body is a Pro-S and my backs are Pro-S. I've never used a non Pro-S back so I don't know Pro-S and non Pro-S backs/bodies interact. Are both body and back Pro-S?
    They are interchangeable. You can use non Pro S backs on a Pro S body and vice versa. The only issue is that if you use a Pro S back on a non Pro S body, the multi exposure prevention doesn't work. It will allow you to double expose a frame without setting the back to multi exposure mode.

Shooter
    35mm
    Travis, both the back and the camera are Pro-S. Thanks for all your help!

Max... please tell me how to use a paperclip to test the back. While the back is attached to the camera, I can try to get a little paperclip in there? Thanks for your response. I have already started eBaying for a new revolving adapter... no auctions yet. Anyone have an old, non-working RB67 they want to sell for parts?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin