Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,982   Online: 897

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryhill View Post
    Travis, both the back and the camera are Pro-S. Thanks for all your help!

Max... please tell me how to use a paperclip to test the back. While the back is attached to the camera, I can try to get a little paperclip in there? Thanks for your response. I have already started eBaying for a new revolving adapter... no auctions yet. Anyone have an old, non-working RB67 they want to sell for parts?
    You may want to try KEH for a new revolving adapter (or film back)
    www.keh.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, I've just ordered a revolving adapter from KEH. If that solves the problem, I will let you know and maybe "tim in san jose" would like to get himself one too. If it doesn't do the trick, maybe KEH will let me return theirs, and I will then try a different back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, I've never shot without a revolving adapter, didn't even know that was an option

Cherry, get thee a motorized 6x8 back while you're at it and thank me later! They are inexpensive.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Keith, I haven't been shooting without a revolving adapter, just possibly shooting with a slightly defective one.

As for the motorized back... man, haven't I spent enough money for a while? It really never stops does it? I will put that one on my wish list. Who knows, maybe a family member will want to know what I want for a birthday or Christmas. If this revolving back fixes my problem with the camera, I really think I am *done* shopping for equipment for a while. I am going to have a helluva time digging myself out of credit card debt ... all for the love of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see what y'all are saying. I have both a professional and a Pro S bodies, I have both Pro S and non-Pro S backs and all of them require I move that lever to the right to advance the film.

And frankly.. it doesn't matter. The cameras take great pictures. One extra little step doesn't infringe on my photo experience.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and cherry, if that does solve the problem, I'm always looking for donor RB parts for future frankencamera projects..

Tim, ist it the same revolving adapter/body? most of the ones I've seen really need a good teardown and cleaning/relube. Even ones from KEH, in fact. I now make it routine to tear down new backs and revolving adapters with any camera I get.

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's another "newbie question".....

If you're not using a flash, does it matter what setting you use on the lens's M-X selector?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryhill View Post
    Here's another "newbie question".....

If you're not using a flash, does it matter what setting you use on the lens's M-X selector?
    With these lens, no. I always keep mine on X. Keeps down the thinking when setting up flash later.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Tim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    and cherry, if that does solve the problem, I'm always looking for donor RB parts for future frankencamera projects..

Tim, ist it the same revolving adapter/body? most of the ones I've seen really need a good teardown and cleaning/relube. Even ones from KEH, in fact. I now make it routine to tear down new backs and revolving adapters with any camera I get.

erie
    Two different bodies with their own adapters. Perhaps they could use a re-lube, but this isn't a real problem. I have several 645 backs and several 6x7 backs. All exhibit the same behavior.

tim in san jose

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin