Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 730

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Several years ago I played a lot with my Yashica 44. Efke film got too expensive. I did re-roll some APX100 120 after cutting it down on my lathe with a sharp knife. That worked OK but re-rolling it is a lot of bother. I also have some Portra 160 and some Konica 160 color in long rolls. That works, I have a local place that will process it for me... but really, for all the trouble, I have enough 120 cameras lying around to keep me busy for a long time.

Not that I am getting rid of the Yashica. What a nice camera.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a new-to-me Gray Baby Rollei and a dozen rolls of Efke R100 supposed to be delivered today.

I develop old B/W films, stored at room temperature for 12 years+, by shooting at 1/2 box speed, process in d76 1:1 for 1.3x nominal time with the addition of 0.3cc per 120 roll of 1% benzotriazole solution in isopropyl alcohol. Works like a charm

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Rolleiflex 4x4 from 1938 that I sometimes use. I wish Efke 25 (or 50) was available in 127.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've used a number of 127 cameras, including mostly folders. I've used Efke, Maco and Adox. All curl very badly, so I load the film backward onto the spool, which seems to help a bit.

I recently picked up a 127 camera that had a Kodak Verichrome Pan in it. I processed it in D-76, and nearly all of the images were usable. I would reckon that the shots were from the 1950s.

See the photos here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't tempt me, guys--I would need to pick up a new negative carrier. Are all 127 cameras 4x4, or are there rectangular formats too?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Are all 127 cameras 4x4, or are there rectangular formats too?
    I have an Ihagee Parvola that shoots 6x4.5 on 127. Last time I used it (around 15 years ago), Kodak still made color 127 film. Last month I picked up a Parvola on e-bay that takes 3x4 photos on 127.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Cragstan Zen-99 with a fixed 70mm f/11 Kowa Prominar lens. I can get either 4x4 or 4x6 (cm) images from it. I just picked up a similar Light Super with a 70mm Uera Light Optical Works lens. These two cameras are identical in design (except that the Light Super has a flash sync connection while the Zen-99 doesn't) and are basically toy cameras from the early 60's but are made of metal rather than plastic. I'm part of a local group called the Ann Arbor Area Crappy Camera Club (A3C3) for which these cameras clearly qualify. Pure fun. http://www.crappycameraclub.org/index.html http://www.flickr.com/groups/krappy/

The Zen-99 is currently loaded with Ektachrome 100 purchased from B&H in NY.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 05-07-2008 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling & forgot a link.

Shooter
    35mm

127 Format Users

I also have a Yashica 44. All of my film is Efke. Some is labeled Jessops but all of it is in the freezer. I have some stainless steel (Nikor?) 127 reels as well as Paterson reels/tanks which could be used. I find the Efke film a little curly and not terribly fine grained but with some care nice results can be obtained. I have some Kodak Imagelink HQ which was cut down to 127 for me a while ago. I might try a roll while the weather is good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a group in Calgary, Alberta , Canada that bought an abandoned
    film factory and put it back into production. They ship world-wide from a
    warehouse in Idaho U.S.A.. Fresh 127 and chemicals.

http://frugalphotographer.com

Also try:

http://filmforclassics.com

/Clay

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin