Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,766   Online: 868

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay2 View Post
    There is a group in Calgary, Alberta , Canada that bought an abandoned
    film factory and put it back into production. They ship world-wide from a
    warehouse in Idaho U.S.A.. Fresh 127 and chemicals.

http://frugalphotographer.com

Also try:

http://filmforclassics.com

/Clay
    Thanks for those links, Clay.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay2 View Post
    There is a group in Calgary, Alberta , Canada that bought an abandoned
    film factory and put it back into production. They ship world-wide from a
    warehouse in Idaho U.S.A.. Fresh 127 and chemicals.

http://frugalphotographer.com

Also try:

http://filmforclassics.com

/Clay
    Yes, we have no 127 film, we have no 127 film today.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just started shooting 127 in a Coronet stereo (3D) camera. It takes a pair of 4x4 images at once. The viewfinder is binocular style.

When I got the camera, I thought I'd never be able to find film. Turns out that the camera store closest to my house actually stocks C-41 colour and black & white 127!!

Anyone in Toronto should check out Film Plus. Their price for 127 is reasonable. Macophot UP 100plus B&W is 5 bucks, Macophot UCN 200 colour is 10 bucks.

I had it developed at Toronto Image Works, and scanned it myself.

The printed Holmes cards are fantastic! The 4x4 neg size really maximizes what you can get from a meniscus lens...
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It really is too bad this format kind of died. I had a little baby Yashica TLR in 127 that would make a cool camera to throw in my briefcase everyday. Actually if it was more popular I'd go find myself an nice Rollei to carry around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greg, I, um, feel your pain. Or perhaps you feel mine. Here I sit with a Sawyer's Mk. IV all set to shoot superslides to use, where possible, in slide shows with 24x36ers shot with my Nikons and there's no more 127 reversal film. Sorry, I'm not up to trimming 120 and attaching backing paper and and and.

Someone mentioned Film for Classics earlier in this thread. I once bought some 127 Ektachrome from them. The'd attached the film to the wrong end of the backing paper. Arrrrgh!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Greg, I, um, feel your pain. Or perhaps you feel mine. Here I sit with a Sawyer's Mk. IV all set to shoot superslides to use, where possible, in slide shows with 24x36ers shot with my Nikons and there's no more 127 reversal film. Sorry, I'm not up to trimming 120 and attaching backing paper and and and.

Someone mentioned Film for Classics earlier in this thread. I once bought some 127 Ektachrome from them. The'd attached the film to the wrong end of the backing paper. Arrrrgh!

You just ran the roll through the wrong way. *L*

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Baby Rollei, a Primo Jr., a Ricoh 44, a Yashica 44, a Coronet 3D, and a couple of other European ones of no great shakes. I use Efke 127, but Freestyle has some 127 infrared film I'd like to try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    You just ran the roll through the wrong way. *L*

tim in san jose
    Um, Tim, unlike most other 127 cameras the Mk. V and its twin the Primo Jr. have no provision for rewinding the film after exposure, so I didn't put the film in the wrong, um, chamber. They're more like the big heavy TLRs that transport 120 film from feed spool to takeup spool and that's it.

And "L" back to you.

Yours for little heavy TLRs,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, Tim, unlike most other 127 cameras the Mk. V and its twin the Primo Jr. have no provision for rewinding the film after exposure, so I didn't put the film in the wrong, um, chamber. They're more like the big heavy TLRs that transport 120 film from feed spool to takeup spool and that's it.

And "L" back to you.

Yours for little heavy TLRs,

Dan
    You know I was just teazing you. I have only seen 1 TLR that has a reverse to it, the Yashica 635, and then not in roll film mode. The reason I don't use 46mm film is because taping it correctly and in the correct spot so the numbers work out is a PITB. As I say, there are too many nice 120 cameras sitting around here to mess with that.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, you tease me, I tease you. Fair is fair.

Of course I knew you were teasing me. And you knew I was teasing you. All good clean fun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin