Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,852   Online: 809

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. My plan to shoot 46mm on my P67II is actually kind of on hold. I need to have a 46mm film mask put behind the shutter curtains. It's not available from anywhere. So it is on hold for now. I do have done some 120 spools modified to accept 46mm film yet fit in my P67II like regular 120/220 rolls.

I have some 35mm 100ft Velvia 50 rolls too. I plan to shoot them on my P67ii with my 55mm lens as well. Believe it or not, 35mm cartridges will fit in my P67ii perfectly. I only need a panoramic adapter kit made specifically for Pentax 67 available on eBay to begin to shoot. I guess I need to have paper leader and tail taped to the film. The 35mm cartridge will not have much room for the film and the paper lead and tail together. This is why I hesitated in getting started. How do you do it on a RB? I probably should modify 120 spools to accept 35mm films. Then spool on the 35mm film with paper lead an tail just like 220 films. The only thing I will still need is the 35mm film masks for the film and the viewfinder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    OK that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. My plan to shoot 46mm on my P67II is actually kind of on hold. I need to have a 46mm film mask put behind the shutter curtains. It's not available from anywhere. So it is on hold for now. I do have done some 120 spools modified to accept 46mm film yet fit in my P67II like regular 120/220 rolls.

I have some 35mm 100ft Velvia 50 rolls too. I plan to shoot them on my P67ii with my 55mm lens as well. Believe it or not, 35mm cartridges will fit in my P67ii perfectly. I only need a panoramic adapter kit made specifically for Pentax 67 available on eBay to begin to shoot. I guess I need to have paper leader and tail taped to the film. The 35mm cartridge will not have much room for the film and the paper lead and tail together. This is why I hesitated in getting started. How do you do it on a RB? I probably should modify 120 spools to accept 35mm films. Then spool on the 35mm film with paper lead an tail just like 220 films. The only thing I will still need is the 35mm film masks for the film and the viewfinder.
    I have two ideas. One is to adapt the Yashica 635 (a combination 120/135 camera) adapter spools to the supply and take up spools on one of my rb67 backs. The other is to just put spacers on either end of two empty 120 spools, then wind on 135 film in the dark. Load the filmback with the film, and shut the back up. Put on camera and take off the slide. Unload in dark also and put directly into development tank. I have several 100 feets rolls of APX100 that would be great developed in Wd2d+. Print on a mx45 with a 6x9 negative holder.

I don't plan on using film masks and the viewfinder masks are trivial on an rb.

tim in san jose.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess film mask isn't an issue on the view finder. I am more concerned about the one on the film plane. It may be necessary to keep the film flat. But honestly I need to put a roll on the camera to see if it is really an issue. For 46mm film on my Pentax 67ii It does need a mask to keep it flat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Sawyers Mark IV and a Yashica 44 shooting 127 bought from Film Plus in TO. I love the 4x4 format!

Dave
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin