Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,100   Posts: 1,636,392   Online: 1077

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

127 Format Users

I am interested if anybody on this forum is actively using 127 format? I would love to know who you are.

I pulled my fathers old camera out & determined (with the help of some nice co-4X5 shooters) that it is a folding Zeh (no name) Goldi camera. I found some film from Freestyle & will be developing the first roll soon.

I know of the website www.onetwoseven.org.uk that has suggested developing times for the 127 Efke 100 B&W film, but thought I would ask here also.

I also have 3 rolls of B&W Ansco 127 film that is about 50 years old. Anybody had any experience developing such old film? I saw some threads for Ansco color film on this forum, but not B&W.

Rick Tapio

Shooter
    35mm
    As it is a U.K. site and you are asking about a 50 yr old film that sounds exclusively U.S. you may not have much luck with the site's founder's knowledge extending that far but I'd e-mail him and ask. I did and got a very quick and helpful answer. There might be someone on the site who does know.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two years ago when my mother-in-law died, someone handed me her old Brownie 127 and a bag of unused film. As best we could figure, both the camera and the film were from the '60's. The film was labelled 'Gevaert Safety Film'. No ASA rating, but I presumed it to be daylight 50 speed. I shot three rolls under sunny conditions. I developed the first roll in Rodinal 1+25 for 8 minutes but the negatives were quite thin. The second roll went for 12 minutes. The scene imaged well, but there was a lot of base fog. The negatives were thick and the contrast was really low because of the fog in the highlights. The negatives were still printable using a #5 filter, however. I ended up scanning a couple of prints and working them further in pshop and I managed to get a nice 12x12 print. Not optimum, but it all worked.

So if you've got only three rolls, I'd blow one doing a couple of clip tests to find an acceptable development time.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Yashica 44 and a Vest Pocket Kodak from time to time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the data for processing 50 year old Ansco film here in Turkey, it was published in the UK at the time .

What Ansco film is it, actually the book is under my glass of Coke as I write . . . . . .

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just went & got the rolls to look at them & there is not much to go on. All that is written on the rolls is ANSCO ALL WEATHER.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

old 127 film

Hi Rick:I've got a Yashica 44 and a Kodak Vollenda 127 Made In Germany.I recently picked up a number of Ansco All weather film rolls in 620 and it is/or was rated at ASA 125.Try a test roll and rate it at half the posted ASA,around 64 and process it or have it processed in Kodak HC-110 @ 7 to 8 minutes @ 68 degrees F.I find HC-110 has a anti-foggant as part of it's formulation.So you don't have to add a separate restrainer,such as Potassium Bromide or Benzotriazole(Edwal's Liquid Orthazite).

If you process the film yourself,try no agitation for 30 seconds,then 5 to 10 seconds every 30.stop,fix and wash as per your preferences and it should produce fairly usable negs.

Good Luck,

Doug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have a Vest Pocket Kodak Special, f/7.7, focusing model. The leather covering is failing, but the glass in great shape, and the bellows don't leak. You get a huge negative for such a small camera. Rather limited set of shutter speeds. I have a stock of elderly Verichrome Pan that still works at EI 50. I also have a 100 foot roll of Portra 160NC, which I load in old paper/spools, and get lovely color pictures -- grainless.

I also have a Foth Derby, which I replaced the shutter curtains on. The shutter has incredible recoil, holding the camera so it doesn't shake itself silly is a challenge. All that for a 3x4cm half frame negative -- microscopically larger than a 35mm negative -- not worth the trouble.

I also have a Tokyo Optical Primo Jr. I just don't get on well with TLR's, but it's mighty sharp like most Topcor lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Baby Rollei and several other 127 rollfilm cameras that I shoot with. I shoot a lot of Efke 100 127 rollfilm and develop it in Pyrocat-MC.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was thinking about using HC110 anyway, so knowing about the anti-foggant nails that decision down. Thanks for the advice! I can post results if there are any.

Rick Tapio

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin