Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,005   Online: 1152

Shooter
    35mm

rolleiflex T speed @ 1/8 and 1/15

Does anyone have any repair experience on rolleiflex T? I bought one but seems like the shutter doesn't open at 1/8 and 1/15. do I miss anything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera needs a CLA (Clean, Lube, and Adjust). The shutter gets gummy from old grease, oil, and dust. While a CLA isn't cheap, it's worth it. I had my T CLA'd and now it's just like new and good for another 50 years or so. There are lots of threads on this site regarding reputable firms for the CLA.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Rick says. You will find that all the low speeds, 1-15th, will be AWOL. Get her professionally cleaned and she will serve you faithfully for years.
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, Thanks for the inputs.
    I have another question... At higher speed, (like 1/125), if I press and hold the shutter release , the shutter fires, the leaves open can close, then I release the shutter release, I can hear another click. Is it normal? I have rolleiflex 3.5 automat and it doesn't do this.... I know T is different (newer and simplified). Thanks.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    I have another question... At higher speed, (like 1/125), if I press and hold the shutter release , the shutter fires, the leaves open can close, then I release the shutter release, I can hear another click. Is it normal? I have rolleiflex 3.5 automat and it doesn't do this.... I know T is different (newer and simplified). Thanks.
    My T did what I think you're describing but at all speeds, ie it took a noticeable amount of time for the shutter release to reset after an exposure and thus allow the film to be advanced. It was only a matter of a second or even less and not really a problem as Rolleiflex Ts aren't really the sort of cameras where you'd want to take a series of shots in quick succession. I had the camera serviced for that and other more important reasons but although that return is now OK, it still gives the impression that it only just has the enthusiasm to return to the 'out' position. I think it's best put down to the charm of using old and interesting cameras!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    My T does this at all speeds. There is a click when the shutter button returns to its original position, however, it is instant. Did before the cla and still does. The T is an outstanding camera. The tessar formulation used in the T gives image quality you won't find from any other tessar type lens. The resolution and contrast at 5.6 down are indistinguishable from a planar.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin