Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,822   Online: 1076

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Advise

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Why the SFX vs xp2, The sfx I can develop myself. The xp2 needs C41 doesn't it? If so no lab within hundreds of miles.

Shooter
    35mm
    C-41 isn't any harder to do yourself than B&W, although depending on where you are, you might have problems getting the C-41 chemicals. XP2 Super is much faster than the other films you're considering, and in my view it's not as fine-grained; however, by ISO 400 film standards it's quite fine-grained.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    Found the SFX. Thank ya'll for all the comments, keep it coming.
    I also recommend Fuji Acros. I shoot it in my Mamiya 7 II (6 x 7cm) and my Fuji GSW 690-III (6x9 cm). I develop it in Pyrocat-MC.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ok, thanks guys, so it's between Rollei 25, Acros and Panf. I just looked at BH, Why such a huge difference in cost? Will the Acros handle 24 X 36 inch enlargements?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it will. TMax100 should too. And Delta 100... and the others you mentioned....

You really might give xp2 a go, you can get it dev'd at quite a few minilabs. The clerk will freak out when they see the roll but then will realize that they can do it.
    Last edited by keithwms; 05-06-2008 at 08:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have been doing some reading on Acros and now have a question. Is it hard to seperate the sky from clouds with Acros is it orthopanchromatic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Acros skies are a wee bit flat for my taste, w/o a filter. If you want boosted cloud/sky separation you might consider a yellow or orange filter. It separates resonably well without, but...try both and see for yourself.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    I have been doing some reading on Acros and now have a question. Is it hard to seperate the sky from clouds with Acros is it orthopanchromatic?
    According to the Fuji Spec Sheet, Acros is orthopanchromatic.

Developing in Pyrocat, my sky/cloud separation is ok. I Haven't tried Acros in a non-staining developer (like D-76 or Xtol).

I can go to 40" X 30" prints and beyond, with my Mamiya 7 II Acros negs.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You may find your enlargements more limited by your lens than anything else -- do you have a Fuji, or some old folder, or....?

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    GSW and GW 690 II, I have ordered 80 rolls of Acros and will get started with that for now. I have experience with panf but only in the studio and years ago. Thanks to everyone for there help. I do have experience with pyrocat-mc with ulf negs and i quess I could do it in that, I would want to do standard agitation though, havn't had goo results from semi-stand or stand. Any ideas on time and temp for acros at 64 and pyrocat-mc normal agitation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin