Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,138   Posts: 1,637,440   Online: 896
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69

    Small flashgun for Rolleiflex

    I am looking for a small flashgun with TTL function for the Rolleiflex 2.8 GX and FX models.

    I have a Metz 45CL-4, but it is large and bulky and not really needed.
    I need something small and compact with just enough power to fill in a bit
    a shadowed face. Something I can carry in the camera bag at all times.
    Something that will not necessary need an L bracket.

    Probably it will have to be a SCA model to connect to the TTL function of the camera.

    So, far, the only flashgun I've found is the Metz 44 MZ-2 which:
    "Offers SCA dedication for TTL, Auto and Manual (GN 44m / 100 ISO). Powered by 4x AA batteries, max. recycling time 6 sec. LCD panel and auto zoom head 28 - 105mm."

    Anything else to suggest?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,682
    There are quite a few shoe-mount Metz 32 CT-3 units available used.
    They are small, cheap, support SCA 300, and pack enough punch (only 1 stop less than the Metz 45 CL-4).

  3. #3
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    There are quite a few shoe-mount Metz 32 CT-3 units available used.
    They are small, cheap, support SCA 300, and pack enough punch (only 1 stop less than the Metz 45 CL-4).
    Thanks, that looks tiny!
    Too bad that it doesn't seem to be tiltable upwards to use with my LumiQuest bounce.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  4. #4
    aparat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    428
    Images
    39
    I had the same question a while back. I needed a small flash mainly for fill-in with my Minolta Autocord. I considered two Vivitar models: Vivitar 2800 (tilt head) and Vivitar 225. I finally bought the 225 for $3 and I couldn't be happier. The auto function works great for fill-in purposes. The flash is small, runs on two AA batteries, and so far has been very reliable.

    aparat

  5. #5
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by aparat View Post
    I had the same question a while back. I needed a small flash mainly for fill-in with my Minolta Autocord. I considered two Vivitar models: Vivitar 2800 (tilt head) and Vivitar 225. I finally bought the 225 for $3 and I couldn't be happier. The auto function works great for fill-in purposes. The flash is small, runs on two AA batteries, and so far has been very reliable.

    aparat
    It looks to be automatic/manual and no TTL though.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,679
    Used? Agfa 383CSI [I think it's CSI] Plug your metz modules into it. Only 38meters for the guide number.

    Often very cheap used. I've bought them in the past for less then the attached Metz adapters and cables.

  7. #7
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Used? Agfa 383CSI [I think it's CSI] Plug your metz modules into it. Only 38meters for the guide number.

    Often very cheap used. I've bought them in the past for less then the attached Metz adapters and cables.
    That sounds like something that would be hard to find.
    My preliminary searches found absolutely nothing and that's a record!
    Used, new, anything really.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,679
    They show up on Ebay every so often. The really hard to find one is the big model. The 643.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,679
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

    That looks to be missing the mounting bracket.

  10. #10
    aparat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    428
    Images
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    It looks to be automatic/manual and no TTL though.
    True, but do you really need TTL control for daylight fill? I simply set the Vivitar flash to 1-2 stop(s) less power than would have been required for full exposure, set proper exposure on the camera and fire away. Typically, this works just fine. Obviously, one needs to be aware of the limitations of the flash, i.e., its low Guide Number. The auto thyristor automation of Vivitar flashes works surprisingly well.

    aparat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin