Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,309   Online: 1137

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yashica-mat TLR Accessory repair help

Hello, I recently got myself a Yashica-Mat LM. Directly after this I found myself wanting the Close-up lenses to go with it and bought some ridiculously cheap. Turns out that was for a reason, they were full of dust, fungus maybe, I don't know but they were dirty. I decided to clean them myself.

I removed the retaining ring,

there is a thin flat glass in the rear

Then a tapered spacer,

and then to my surprise a tapered piece of glass as the front element.

On the barrel there is a red dot directly above the manufactures name, I will assume this means "Red dot up"

I have no idea how the taper of the glass is oriented in relation to the red dot.

Anyone have this answer for me? and how to insure it stays put in that position while re-assembly.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    forgot pictures

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The fat part of the lens goes so that it is straight up after you bayonet the close up lens on to the viewing lens. It is for parallax correction of the taking lens.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    The fat part of the lens goes so that it is straight up after you bayonet the close up lens on to the viewing lens. It is for parallax correction of the taking lens.
    Thank You very much.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin