Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,970   Posts: 1,632,726   Online: 810

Shooter
    35mm

Identify a Linhof 6.5x9

Hi all,
    I just acquired a Linhof, battered and used, but they have been a dream of mine for about 15 years, and I know that what i would ideally like would cost around 4000 euro.

Thus, I have a body in need of love and care, but would first like to figure out the model number, and look for service manuals. do any of you have a serial chart? The number is 15862. The camera has full movement front, and full tilt on the back. the DRP DRGM stamped in the top would indicate that it was manufactured before 1945.

The lens board says Standard Press, but it is not a SP body, from my understanding. The mounted lens is a Voigtlander Vaskar 105/4.5 with a Prontor-s shutter. oh, and the RF is a Kalant Synchronized Range Finder. Sadly the cam coupling is damaged, so I shall have to figure out what it originally looked like too. the RF mirrors seem to be good, albeit a little dusty, as there is an odd flap thing covering the mirror, which opens easily.

My hope is that this camera will allow me to work creatively as with a large format, but with the film handling of medium format. which will be good, as i hate tray processing sheet film.

I have posted this on RFF, and had a couple of replies, one of which recommended coming here.

A couple of pics, and thanks for the help.
    Tobias
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0236.JPG   DSCF0237.JPG   DSCF0239.JPG  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's a single-plate-holder back, isn't it? That would also indicate a pre-WWII manufacture.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Tobias. Welcome to APUG! I figured Ole would have something to say about this one.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ole,
    does the single plate back mean that there are not standard rollfilm backs that will fit it without modification (ie cutting a new mounting plate)? I also assume that the large brass screw means that the back can be changed, if one is found. though i rather like the assembly, and would love it if i could just find a roll-back.

Thanks,
    Tobias

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin