Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,102   Online: 974

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually use a fairly small Kodak shoulder bag that is just big enough to take an RB67 with one back and a single lens attached. Into the pockets on the bag go a lightmeter, spare back, small extension tube and filters (orange and polariser). On top of the camera goes a lee filter holder, soft grad and warm-up filters in a cloth pouch. Film is stuffed into any remaining gaps. This set-up actually weighs less than the 35mm gear I used to cart around as I would regularly take every lens I owned. I like the discipline of just taking one camera and one lens out, but if I need another lens I just take it in a lowepro lens pouch and use the slip-lock attachment around the shoulder strap of the bag. The tripod has a strap too and that goes on the other shoulder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    I actually use a fairly small Kodak shoulder bag that is just big enough to take an RB67 with one back and a single lens attached. Into the pockets on the bag go a lightmeter, spare back, small extension tube and filters (orange and polariser). On top of the camera goes a lee filter holder, soft grad and warm-up filters in a cloth pouch. Film is stuffed into any remaining gaps. This set-up actually weighs less than the 35mm gear I used to cart around as I would regularly take every lens I owned. I like the discipline of just taking one camera and one lens out, but if I need another lens I just take it in a lowepro lens pouch and use the slip-lock attachment around the shoulder strap of the bag. The tripod has a strap too and that goes on the other shoulder.
    Isn't the era of dedicated photo bags over anyway? It just makes you an easily recognizable target for the professionals of a kind...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you take a look at Domke's assortment of padded inserts. They are designed for Domke's own range of bags, but work just as well with any other bag. They are soft, lint free, flexible, affordable, even. One thing is to note that they are not padded in the bottom, so you'll have to cut some sort of foam into pieces the size of the inserts' footprints, and put them inside the insert. That is, if you use them in a non-Domke bag (the Domke bags have a padded bottom, which is why their inserts haven't). They do make inserts that will hold MF gear.

I use this solution myself with a plain North Face backpack, and it works really well - I have my gear hidden in a fairly anynomous-looking bag, with room for extra clothes, lunch, and all the other non-photo related stuff you want to carry around when outside.
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    35mm
    BTW, my bags are F.64 BP Large Backpack (Mfr# BPB • B&H# F6BPB) and F.64 MFX Medium Format Shoulder Bag (Mfr# MFXB • B&H# F6MFXB)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin