Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,315   Online: 872

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ken, Thanks for the tip to 'speed up' the shutter. I'll have to give that a try. 1/40 is definitely causing me sharpness problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm using a Target Six-20. I find it a pain to respool the 120 onto 620 spools, but it has been worth the effort. I use mostly Delta 100. Tri-X is a little too much for me with this camera.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I am getting ready to try a few brownies that I have had for many years and never used: a Brownie Bullet camera (127 film), a No. 2 Box Brownie camera (120), and a Brownie Flash Six-20 (620). I have a lot of 120 size Ilford Pan-F plus 50ISO film, so will try that out also.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In the dark ages before ASA and ISO film speeds, the 1943 Kodak Films pamphlet listed orthochromatic Verichrome's Kodak speed as 250, Weston speed as 50, and GE speed as 80. Recommended exposure for average subjects in bright sunlight was f/11 at 1/50 second. The 1948 pamphlet listed orthochromatic Verichrome as daylight ASA 50 with the same recommended exposure. The 1953 pamphlet listed orthochromatic Verichrome as daylight 64 and the same recommended exposure. A 1981 Kodak Master Photoguide lists panchromatic Verichrome as ISO 125.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love this Website.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ebay is very bad for your wallet, in that I'm christening a No2 Autographic Brownie with a roll of FP4 120 at the moment
    Two shutter speeds no less, 1/25 and 1/50, and an aperture range of 1-4.

I was after the soft look so hopefully I'll get a result.

Not bad for £11 to try out
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin