Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,754   Online: 937

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cut film with an RB67

Is there an adapter that takes cut film holders for the RB67 Camera?

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are a few cut film holders that I use directly on the rb. One is called a "double cut film holder type a" holder and it takes 2.25 x 3.25" film. You can also get a 4x5 polaroid back for the rb and, with very minor modification, shoot quickloads in it.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was looking for an adapter so I could used standard 2x3 holders but I haven't seen such an adapter. Keith, do you know if the Grafmatics or the Graphic roll holders Graphic 22 or graphic 23's fit on the back of the Pro S model? I guess that would be a Graflok back if I'm not mistaken. I'm getting a Pro S model with Waist Level finder and will be looking for lenses and backs. I have a Mamiya 645, bought it new with just about every accessory, and still use it today. All of these years of use and it's still going strong, replaced the seals and it still is tight in the Sun. The 67 is going to be heavier of course but I'm looking for a larger format and will probably be shooting on a tripod all the time with a slow speed film. Any ideas in lenses for landscape/seascape?

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I was looking for an adapter so I could used standard 2x3 holders but I haven't seen such an adapter. Keith, do you know if the Grafmatics or the Graphic roll holders Graphic 22 or graphic 23's fit on the back of the Pro S model? I guess that would be a Graflok back if I'm not mistaken. I'm getting a Pro S model with Waist Level finder and will be looking for lenses and backs. I have a Mamiya 645, bought it new with just about every accessory, and still use it today. All of these years of use and it's still going strong, replaced the seals and it still is tight in the Sun. The 67 is going to be heavier of course but I'm looking for a larger format and will probably be shooting on a tripod all the time with a slow speed film. Any ideas in lenses for landscape/seascape?

Thanks,
    Curt
    Graphmatic fits the back of a ProS. Shoot it all the time. Usually load it up with HP5+. Nice. With the price of 6x7 and 6x4.5 backs from Mamiya going so cheep, don't mess with a Graphic 23.. Use a Graphic 22 only if you want the square.

I love the 65 for landscape 127 for detail, 180 for gnats ass work.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Tim, great information, your right about the Mamiya backs. I was looking at the 127 and 180, I'll look at the 65 for wide angle.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A polaroid film pack can be used with cut film. It snaps open and you can insert the film with a small tap and then it can be put into a polaroid back.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Grafmatics - they fit perfectly. And this is a good time to make the switch - you can now buy 2x3 FP4+ in Ilford's special order.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A polaroid film pack can be used with cut film. It snaps open and you can insert the film with a small tap and then it can be put into a polaroid back.
    Ron, does that make one sheet per film pack? I'm not familiar with Polaroid film packs.

Juan, I have four Grafmatic 23 six sheet holders so it's great news and an option. It might sound odd trying to shoot sheets with a roll film camera but I plan to use it traveling and sometimes sheets can be desirable. For the most part I plan to use Ilford Pan F 50 roll film, if they made it in sheet I would be using a view camera. You use what's available and adapt the equipment to suit the situation.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's not odd at all to shoot sheet with an rb. It gives you much more developing flexibility and better flatness.

You might look into the efkes as an alternative to pan f for sheet... I have some efke stuff that I use on the rb in the type a or j holders.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith, I have a lot of Efke 25 that I got from John at JandC just before he closed his business. I got it to used in the Grafmatic's and 2 1/4 3 1/4 cut film holders for my Busch C which I added a Graflok back to. I did a check and haven't found any a or j holders yet. They would be perfect for sheet film.

Curt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin