Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya C330 TLR... HELP!

Just received my "new" Mamiya 330f with 135 mm lens. Everything appears mechanically functional, but the lens assembly seems "wiggly" when mounted. The spring clamp, etc. is properly seated and everything else seems tight.

Is this normal?

Thx!
    Brady

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you turn the Lock-Unlock button on the left hand side to the "Lock" position?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    yeah... the lens seems to be mounted fine, it's just wiggly from left to right...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Step-One-Seven View Post
    yeah... the lens seems to be mounted fine, it's just wiggly from left to right...
    Wiggly like 1 or 2 mm wiggly? Or wiggly like really, really wiggly?

With my C3 and assorted lenses, a slight movement (the 1 or 2 mm I mentioned) of the lenses from left to right is possible. If that's all, I shouldn't really worry about it.

If it's more, or if the lens is very easy to move (by means of gravity for example), then... I wouldn't know what's the matter.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Step 1-7,
    Have you been here, seen this: Mamiya 330F Manual.

Note: $3 bucks is way cheap so please DO NOT screw this guy (Mike).

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to belittle the fine service that butkus.org is offering, but the C330 manual is also available directly from Mamiya.
    http://www.mamiya.com/customer-servi...ns-reflex.html
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

As long as it's not wiggling a sixteenth of an inch when the picture's being taken, it's OK :-)

I don't own a 330, but I use a C220 as my backup camera, and a slight bit of play with the lens, WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING WITH IT, is normal, but you shouldn't have it rattling around while you're using the camera.

I doubt this will really impact your photos (shoot a test roll of 120, 120's cheap, right?) but you may want to send the camera in for servicing if you suspect that the meetal grasps that hold the lens in place are getting loose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Not to belittle the fine service that butkus.org is offering, but the C330 manual is also available directly from Mamiya.
    http://www.mamiya.com/customer-servi...ns-reflex.html
    WHAT?? :o
    I was about to beat myself up for wasting $3 bucks, but I don't see a C33 on the list...and if there is I don't want to know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got the manual (original came with)... The lenses are tight in the assembly mount, it's the assembly that wiggles. Further diagnosis shows that the "looseness" is actually at the top of the assembly, where the bend in the wire clamp SHOULD contact the lens assembly. The lens assembly is rocking vertically, pivoting around the attachment point at the bottom. I'm thinking I can use some foam or something on the top part of the lens assembly to shim under the wire clamp. Doesn't seem like it ought to move this much. The top will pivot "out" a good 3 mm or so...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the top wire clamp is not contacting the lensboard, that is your problem. Bend the clamp back to where it should be and you will be fine. The bottom of the clamp should hit the lensboard first, on the bottom, then the top of the clamp follows, on the top of the lensboard, with some additional pressure. Then you clip it. Then you turn the knob back to lock.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-21-2008 at 04:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin