Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,481   Online: 857

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Fuji GA645Zi repair?

Hi all,

I have a Fuji GA645Zi which has developed a major fault, I've sent it away to Fuji who returned it saying they don't support it anymore and my local camera shop also sent it away to an independent repairer who also said they couldn't get parts for it.

The problem is that the shutter doesn't fire, it focuses fine and everything but when you press the shutter it makes a whirring sound that last for a couple of seconds and then the camera locks up with the shutter speed and aperture numbers flashing on the display.

A bit of a long shot but does anyone know of anywhere where they may be able to fix it, it's such a shame if such a lovely camera can't be fixed.

Thanks
    Dav

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I recommend this service. They did an excellent job in repairing my GA-645Zi.

Frank Marshman = Camera Wiz Camera Repair
    169B Pleasant Hill Road
    Harrisonburg VA 22801
    800/471-8133; 540/434-8133

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by unibonded View Post
    Hi all,

I have a Fuji GA645Zi which has developed a major fault, I've sent it away to Fuji who returned it saying they don't support it anymore and my local camera shop also sent it away to an independent repairer who also said they couldn't get parts for it.

The problem is that the shutter doesn't fire, it focuses fine and everything but when you press the shutter it makes a whirring sound that last for a couple of seconds and then the camera locks up with the shutter speed and aperture numbers flashing on the display.

A bit of a long shot but does anyone know of anywhere where they may be able to fix it, it's such a shame if such a lovely camera can't be fixed.

Thanks
    Dav

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My GA645Zi has developed exactly the same fault. I'll be keen to hear where you get your's repaired. I'd appreciate it if you'd kindly post a message back to this thread when you get a positive result with the repair.

Thanks.

Craig Norris

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Craig, I haven't contacted Frank Marshman yet – thanks for the suggestion Sandy – I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Dav
    .................................................. .........................
    www.peaklandscapes.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin