Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,925   Online: 879

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Opinions Please: Mamiya M645 Pro-TL

Thinking of the Mamiya M645 Pro-TL. But, as I've not gotten to try cameras or hold them and there is no where to do that around here, you guys are the next best thing! So let me have it! I do a lot of photo of kids/people as well as nature.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a decent camera especially with the motor drive mounted so that you can hang onto it. There is also left hand grip that can hold a flash unit. Several different viewfinders including at least one that is metered and has diopter correction.

After that all I can tell you is that the motor drive that takes the 2cr battery is lighter and quieter (belt drive).

Not really sure what info you are after so I don't really know what to give you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have accumulated an extensive 645 Pro (not TL) kit. It is fantastic. The 645 negative is great for 11 X 14 fine art prints and can go to 16 X 20 with care. It is a very affordable way to do the Zone. I bought everything used either from the big auction or KEH. I have no remorse. I shoot with a fellow that has extensive Hasselblad equipment. I cannot see a difference in negative quality comparing the same film and situation. There are so many lens and accessories available for the 645. The weight and size with a motor drive is perfect. Mine with batteries and a F80 macro lens weighs less than five pounds. It is a great street shooter or tripod camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm thinking there is a good reason I can't find many of these for sale.......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The TL is the newest manual focus and has ttl-otf flash control. if you don't need the ttl-otf then the Pro body is just as good. Even the first generation of the AF body is starting to come down to almost reasonable prices, and they will take the manual focus lenses, just that metering is not coupled.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    645 Pro TL, 3 lenses, prism viewfinder, case for $900. Excellent condition. Good price?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That seems high but it depends on the three lenses and prism finder. Is a motor drive included? If not then its is high. Check KEH for to compare apples.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No drive, but I have an email to see about which finder it is.

KEH's highest package is $751 and has:
    645 Pro TL Body
    AE Reflex Finder
    80mm f/2.8 Lens with Lens Hood
    Pro 120 Film Magazine
    Power Winder Grip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The non AE finder is a lot less expensive, so it might do if you prefer a handheld meter. I have had a 645 Pro and a Super in the past, really nice, didn't fit what I needed them for as well as an RB67, so I went that direction, but there are times I miss the easy handholding abilities of the 645. For Landscapes, and more formal portraiture, I absolutely love the RB67. For candid and hand held shots, the 645 is awesome.

I have been out of the market for a while so I am not sure about the prices. However, if the prices don't beat KEH pretty handily, I would want to buy from them to get the guarantee and return privilege, unless you know the seller and really trust them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in the process of making the switch, but because I'm tired of dealing with 35mm setups. Getting everything from KEH, a name I've trusted for years. All I've got left to buy is a back or 2, and wide-angle plus portrait lenses. The 80mm N is due here tomorrow. This is just to keep me in MF with a more 35mm feel.

I've used the Mamiya 7 about 8 years ago, but the lenses were too soft, so dumped it and stayed with Rollei and Contax G for Zeiss. My Rollei TLRs with the outstanding Zeiss glass, lightweight, fast use features will remain my main cameras.

Rolleijoe
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin