Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,380   Online: 836

Shooter
    Large Format

Lindahl Dark Slide Holders for Hasselblad

I bought three of these and am perplexed. Perhaps I am an idiot BUT when I slide the dark slide into the Lindahl they all fall apart leaving one part on the camera and two on the ground!!?? I am ready to rip them off and relegate them to the recycle bin. I saw nothing in the instructions about the use of glue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    epraus, they use double sided (extremely sticky tape) First clean the contact area on the rear of the back with alcohol. Then remove the protective cover on the three tape pieces , and place the holder onto the film back. Be sure to get it right because if you lift it back up, you can ruin the tape. It has to be right the first time. I did two without a problem.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    epraus, they use double sided (extremely sticky tape) First clean the contact area on the rear of the back with alcohol. Then remove the protective cover on the three tape pieces , and place the holder onto the film back. Be sure to get it right because if you lift it back up, you can ruin the tape. It has to be right the first time. I did two without a problem.
    Thanks for the reply but the holder attaches with it's stick surface to my back. The Lindahl holder falls apart into two pieces leaving one piece on the back and the other on the floor.
    Last edited by epraus; 05-27-2008 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So what you're telling us is that the holder is a piece of junk and that we shouldn't waste money on one?
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    So what you're telling us is that the holder is a piece of junk and that we shouldn't waste money on one?
    Based on my experience with three of them, mine were crap.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sounds like you had a bad batch that slipped through QC. I had four of them, bought at two different periods of time, and all were just fine. I'd just get out a little crazy-glue and put them together.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin