Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,728   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    My budget is flexible, to some extent. I would like to keep it around/under $400, just because I am still new to photography, and am not positive I will stick with it, as I used to pick up and drop hobbies a few weeks into them, though I have stuck with this one for awhile. I am also flexible with the format, though I would prefer 6x7 or 6x6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica 124 G
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why suggest the intentionally inflated overpriced 'G' version? That's hardly fair to the OP and represents unnecessary expenditure in return for no increased utility. It would be more friendly to suggest any of the other Yashica Mats, such as the Yashica Mat 124 for example, or an earlier one with no meter, and get a cheap handheld meter to go with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, I would also prefer manual focus. Auto focus drives me nuts, because sometimes I want the focus to be a certain, specific way, not necessarily "in focus" as the computer in the camera expects.

Shooter
    35mm
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Mamiya-RB67-RB-6...QQcmdZViewItem

Have a gander at this. Good setup?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you're not interested in waist level (are you sure - it is a joy once you're used to it?) then you can't go far wrong with a Pentax 67, but as others have said, I wouln't go for one without mirror lock. Not sure you'd manage to get one on your budget though. I have a lot of time for the Mamiya 645, and they have the added benefit of being either waist level of view finder.
    .................................................. .........................
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought that mamiya rb67.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by indierthanthou View Post
    I bought that mamiya rb67.
    Looks like a good deal (another RB-67 user here).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've got a remarkably good deal there, should be fun to use. I've always had a hankering to use an RB67 gain and there always seem to be plenty available on Ebay.

The Sekor lenses are excellent, I've been using them for 30 years now. Good luck and psot some images

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you live near a good sized city?
    If so, find the time to visit any old camera stores that may still be in business, and play with their MF equipment. There is no substitute for handling a camera you're hoping to buy. When you're done, explain your budget and needs and offer them an opportunity to sell you something. You might be surprised with their offer. (Or they may well be idiots who want $200 for a used film back...)

Some camera / photo clubs are also dedicated to older equipment, or may consist of older folks who have these cameras at home and would be more than happy to show you their toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin