Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,968   Online: 844

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kiev 60

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of 6C's that I've had a lot of fun playing with, but considering the rapidly falling cost of more reliable cameras like the Bronica SQ-A, you should take a look around before settling on the Kiev.

Nathan

Images
    Just remember that the vodka flowed freely in the QC department. I have an 80 that I am super happy with. I have gotten lucky and all of my lenses are very very good. But, I have heard stories.

I agree with those who say to look for a reliable camera and get adapters for the body. Bodies, of other systems, are falling in price, the price of the glass is still MUCH MUCH higher than the kiev lenses.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Having owned a Kiev 60, I'd say don't bother with it. You can get a Bronica SQ-A kit for around $200 which is a much better system. Or if you're looking for something more "off the beaten path" look into a koni Omega setup. Really, the Kiev 60's are almost like disposable MF SLRs. The build quality is bad and the glass is "meh".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin