Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,594   Online: 847

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    You certainly need a hug. I hope you feel better in the morning.
    Yeah, sure do - I couldn't get any sympathy from my husband for a sick camera. My cat was very understanding, though.

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    Sounds like you need to go enjoy a few of those excellent German beers we hear so much about!
    I cried myself to sleep over a few, thanks for the suggestion!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery View Post
    The place with the 171 Euros in its pocket needs to hear about this...

maybe they used an old stock replacement and were unaware it had shelf life issues.

That is a lot of money to have it be unusable...even worse from my perspective considering the exchange rate if I had paid that much.
    I think that is exactly what I think happened. The bellows smells quite old in any case. Well, I do like the old cam smell, but, hey, this camera is waiting to start its second productive life!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfyfe View Post
    Antje,
    Anyway, tell me your general preference (e.g. feet or meters on the focus), Isolette II or Isolette III, send me your address and I'll select a good one and send it to you. I'll even pay the postage.

Cheers,
    John
    Yikes, John... I read your post first thing this morning, and I was literally stunned by your generosity. :o I couldn't answer right away, that offer just... touched me. All I could think was "Wow". I don't think something like that happened to me before. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.
    I must decline, though, and I hope you understand just how happy your offer made me! It wouldn't be right to accept it - I'm sure the Billy will get fixed one way or the other, and there's a second refurbished Billy on its way to me from Jürgen. Not only would my husband divorce me if he found another folder in the house. But what's more, I couldn't do it justice.

Thank you again for your generosity - I can't believe you did that! That was better than a hug, that was something I didn't know existed anywhere anymore.

Thanks for making my day. Or rather, my week. Or month.

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Antje, I'll send you a cyber-hug anyway! That's a rather depressing experience. According to some ePrey auctions I tracked a while back, and figuring in the exchange rate, you might have been able to get a Billy Record II CLA'd and ready to go from certo6 for the cost of that repair. That makes it all the more annoying.

DaveT -- enjoying a Perkeo II from Jurgen.
    Yeah... I try not to think about that.... I bought a renovated Billy II with blue bellows from him a few days ago for significantly less than 170 Euros. *ouch* It's going to live in my handbag and will have to shoot colour film exclusively because of the coloured bellows. When the other one returns from the follow-up repair, it's going to accompany me on business trips in my laptop case again. After suffering from unsatisfying shots from the digital P&S I bought for that purpose, carrying a folder around on trips is a dream...

You know, I thought about just not repairing the old folder. After all, I paid only 20 Euros for it, quite easy to write that off. But hey, it was built probably 60 years ago, it has a real history, I even have the original receipt for it and know the name of the guy who bought it from that store, and it came to me during a really crappy business trip. After shooting with it during for the last weeks, it grew on me. No way I'm going to let it down!

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Antje,

I understand and appreciate the nice comments. It makes me happy that I was able to make you happy. Nevertheless, if you ever find yourself craving for another folder just send me a note...........I'll keep one in reserve for you.

Regards, John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What great people we have on APUG. Now if I could just get one of them to be my girlfriend.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfyfe View Post
    Antje,

I understand and appreciate the nice comments. It makes me happy that I was able to make you happy. Nevertheless, if you ever find yourself craving for another folder just send me a note...........I'll keep one in reserve for you.

Regards, John
    Way to go John. I have sent "care packages" to two people on this site, both free of charge. One was a bunch of darkroom stuff, and one was some aluminum lens boards (one custom machined by me).
    Feels good doesn't it?
    If more people committed random acts of kindness this world would be a much better place.

Rick.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This kind of generosiy is rare, but not that much. I was offered a Leica IIIf as gift from member of Leica forum. And few member of same forum few years collected among themselves Leica kit (camera, lens) and offered to me as gift. I rejected both offers, I won't tell whole story here, but I made few freinds from that time. I want to tell, people like John and Rick still exsists...

Enjoy life.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Antje - can your husband tell the folders apart? I guess when one is blue it does stand out. I don't know how many I have, so I doubt my wife can tell. She does count the empty boxes in the garage, however. I think some get counted more than once when I move them around!

I guess you could use tungsten film outdoors with no color correction

I donated a bunch of odd old stuff to someone overseas...and got caught in the postal rate change between acruing the items and shipping them. That was a bit of a shock - surface was discontinued and it was a 9 kg box.

Then the recipient had to ransom the items from his local customs agent who was sure they were priceless...which they were not...
    Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin