Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,878   Online: 966

Shooter
    Multi Format

Availability of batteries for Mamiya 645 ProTL

Hello Friends,

I pulled my Mamiya 645 ProTL out recently for the first time in several years. The batteries seem to be ok, but I would like to replace them.

How common are these batteries? I want to make sure I can keep enjoying the Mamiya without fear of not being able to get new batteries for it.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Leigh Musicof
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, it is a common battery. I use to use the silver batteries in my mamiya, but now use the lithium ones, which are available at the local drugstore.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 05-31-2008 at 12:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I bought a bunch of them on ebay for $11 i think.
    Search for PX28 or 4LR44. Its a 6v battery.
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best one to buy is the lithium one the PX28L they are more expensive than the silver ones but last a lot longer I've had a couple of them in my Canon F1n AE and Canon A1 for at least five years and they are still ok.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello All,

Thank you for the replies. The PX28L looks like a candidate for the camera battery. The battery for the winder is a 2CR5 and I think those are common.

I sent an email to Mamiya asking them to verify that Li batteries can be used in this camera. I downloaded the manual and there was no mention of Li batteries.

Navy Moose
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before they shut it down, the Mamiya Users Forum (USA) had a chart which listed which cameras could (or couldn't) be used with the lithium batteries.

The specification page on the Mamiya UK site indicates you can use the lithium batteries with the Pro Tl:

http://www.mamiya.co.uk/popup.php?pa...+Pro+Body+Spec

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for the link. It confirms I can use Li batteries. I wish Mamiya USA had that information available.

Sincerely,

Navy Moose

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin