Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,905   Online: 1045

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 77mm or bust

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

77mm or bust

I have one of the two RB67 lenses that I've ordered, both 77mm filter size, so I started a search for the filters. I was surprised to find so few and the filter ads were geared toward d i g i t a l. DuH I guess.

Where is the best place to get the best price on a K1, K2, R25, you know the reds, yellow, greens? Some where there are photo stores that are or have closed and have drawers of the old fashioned filters for the old fashioned cameras that take the old black and white film.

Oh to be a mouse in such a store!

Curt
    </IMG></IMG>
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I either use B+W filters for black and white on my RB67, or Lee square resin filters. I can't see the difference in quality between B+W and Lee, the only disadvantage with the Lee filters is that you can't then use the mamiya hoods with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H has many of the filters in stock, but a lot of others are special order.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...t=Submit+Query

It IS nice to have them as my local store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of the Canon "L" lenses also use 77mm so I can use the same filters on my Canon and my RZ. If B&H doesn't have what you are looking for, try contacting:

http://www.photorama.com/dates.html

I know Abraham has a bunch of filters in his inventory, and if you are buying several, you might be able to make a reasonable deal.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want cheap buy used. You may be able to find top brands for the same price as new house brands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And yet another suggestion to check KEH.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mind that with some of the RB lenses you can put a [much smaller] filter on the rear element. I have resorted to taping some on, since the 77mm filters are so scarce and pricey...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't had any troubles finding 77mm filters. Nikon makes really good 77mm filters and I also have a couple of B&W and Hoya filters in that size. They're around. 77mm is a common filter size.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Mind that with some of the RB lenses you can put a [much smaller] filter on the rear element. I have resorted to taping some on, since the 77mm filters are so scarce and pricey...

77mm are inexpensive new compared with 105mm or or 122mm or 135mm used on Big Boy lenses*.

Rod Klukas at Photomark in Phoenix keeps a number of filters available through 105 (135 are "demitasse saucer-sized" filters, according to Rod -- he can special order these). No, not close out priced. He may sometimes have some used high end (heliopan or B+W)...ask

Consider step rings so you carry a single set of the largest filters to use on all your lenses...
    Regards
    Don

* Google "Union Pacific Big Boy" to see what is meant by this term ;-). These were the largest steam engines built

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Curt,

There are 954 hits for "77mm filters" on "that" auction site, you know the place. In the past I have picked up b&w filters, filter cases, metal screw-on lens caps, all 77mm. The 77mm Nikon filters were $19-$25 each, they looked NIB.

Link here: 77mm filters
    Terry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin