Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,784   Online: 732

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sar-photo View Post
    I definitely would prefer 6x6 - it is the format that I am most happy with.
    I really don't want to get a 4x5 - I'd prefer something more compact.
    I only know of the Hasselblad FlexBody that fits that description.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Better still: the Hasselblad ArcBody.

The FlexBody is very limited - by the Zeiss lenses it takes - in what it can do.
    The ArcBody uses Rodenstock lenses with sufficient covering power to make good use of movements.

But though small, these thingies are also rather expensive.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am somewhat biased, but this would work and can be done quite inexpensively:

Far more flexibility than anything VH has put out, ever, and you can use a graflex 6x6 back (RH12) if you wish.

erie

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/profession..._02_gx680.html

bigger and heavier(quite a bit) than a hasselblad or SL66 but a good camera with a wide range of lenses.

Its not made anymore but there's lots of used kit on the market.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    And then there is the Linhof M679 which will take hasselblad film backs and mamiya film backs, most digital backs. Takes most largeformat lenses also.
    Really designed as a studio camera for digi backs but works just as well with film. But it is a view camera albeit smaller than 4x5 although probably as heavy or heavier than a lightweight 4x5 field camera.

http://www.linhof.de/english/index.html

Images
    I really liked my Galvin when I used it. Very light, very usable. PM me if you are interested in buying one. I just don't use it, and it should be used. I got two 6x9 backs too.
    Last edited by mark; 06-05-2008 at 05:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin