Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,409   Online: 758

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try roll film first. Make a few exposures to check the alignment of the rangefinder. If it is bad, most camera repair outfits can adjust it, or you can look up the instructions on the web and do it yourself (a bit of a chore). If you have film holders, sheet film is an option. I have occasionally missed getting one of the film edges in the groove, but it usually goes well. For either kind of film, the ground glass back can be handy. The camera has limited movements, but they are enough to do most of the view camera like things you might want to do. (With roll film, you remove the roll film back and put on the ground glass to focus, then put back the roll film back. The roll back has a dark slide, so you can remove it safely.) One problem with sheet film is that the negatives do not fit in the standard 6X9 roll film negative carriers in enlargers - the sheets are just a hair small. Glass carriers work fine, and you can usually find other workarounds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I followed the Kalart focus adjustment that's on the Internet, it worked well and wasn't that hard to do. I wish it had cams and several lenses, it's a Busch "C" 2x3, but I like it for what it is. I got some backs with it and bought some more. Now I have an RB67 and find the backs, Grafmatic 23's and the 22 and 23 roll backs fit it too so it's great. Start with roll film since you have the back. I have over twenty cut film holders for mine too.
    The older press cameras are really fun and do draw a crowd.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin