Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. Maybe I won't get so many then. J&C used to sell them for about 50 cents each.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    $1.49 for a canister?! I can buy a roll of cheap chinese made black and white film here in Shanghai for 7 RMB (a bit less than a dollar)!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Corning Snap-Seal (tm), No. 1730-2C. Translucent, but a watertight lid. I got mine in Toronto at EfstonScience, but any good lab supply house should have. Probably about $0.75 each.

Shooter
    35mm
    roll of tin foil!!!! that what I use. light tight and cheap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Porters has them for 3 for $3.99 they call them Pro-Stor 120 film tube.

Allen
    These are what I've been using for 3 or 4 years, they are very good. Try a medical equipment supplier since they are intended for gathering samples in, may be cheaper there in larger quantities.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I've learnt something today!

I never realised that the transparent 50ml self standing plastic centrifuge tubes that we buy in large sterilised bags of around 200 for under £20 a go in work could be used as a 120 film container.

Any lab supply house should sell them, and a lot less than $3.49 for 3!

In bulk 20 cents a pot.

(and very useful if you need to take a sample to the doctor..... if you take the film out first)
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    Well I've learnt something today!

I never realised that the transparent 50ml self standing plastic centrifuge tubes that we buy in large sterilised bags of around 200 for under £20 a go in work could be used as a 120 film container.

Any lab supply house should sell them, and a lot less than $3.49 for 3!

In bulk 20 cents a pot.

(and very useful if you need to take a sample to the doctor..... if you take the film out first)
    Now track down some in black plastic and you could be in business.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well if I obtain the pots for free, there are loads spare that aren't sterile any more, and they only get binned

I'm not that broke (Yet) that I can't afford two 4" strips of gaffa tape to finish the job that I got a huge roll for a quid from Aldi
    (for our American cousins think a low price version of Walmart)

And I can write on that with a magi-marker

And I do have a new delivery of mail order 120 in varying grades from the Ilford boys

And a load of fresh chemicals

And an excuse at the weekend to christen a couple of old cameras that fell off ebay

I think this is going to get horribly predictable :rolleyes:
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    These are what I've been using for 3 or 4 years, they are very good. Try a medical equipment supplier since they are intended for gathering samples in, may be cheaper there in larger quantities.
    Dave I note that the containers mentioned are priced in $. So presumably a long swim away. Where do you get yours from? Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I checked www.usplastic.com for them, but they didn'y have any that were black and light proof. You can get a box of 100 "see through" sample vials for a few dollars from them. I need to keep looking around since I know that there are other places that will have "light proof" sample containers like this for cheap. Maybe Sciencekit will have them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin