Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,811   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camerz can be used exclusively for studio portraiture photography in 645 format, besides the school photography applications. I think it will not be too hard to mount a MF roll film back and make it a 645. I will not suggest to take the lens out and scrap the rest. I have seen photos taken with one Camerz. In terms of quality it is no doubt first class. If I own a studio I will definitely use it as a 645 format portrait camera, instead of using other expensive MF gears. If you plan to set up a studio but have limited budget you sure can use a Camerz and get very high quality images. I am looking at the possibility of building a Pentax 67 mount on it so that I can use my Pentax 67 lenses on it. The primary reason for this work is to mount my Pentax 67 120mm soft focus lens for portraiture. I have looked at a cheap Kenko 2x teleconverter for Pentax 67. The mount on it can be removed and used for this project. This Pentax lens can produce very interesting portrait images.

Don't scrap your Camerz ZII. It's a good piece of equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Understood. It appears to be a fine, specific function camera.

You should check out Midwest Photo on Ebay; they have 23 Full Kits, camera, lens, back, cords and case for $15 each.

Amazing value if you can use it ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, that's indeed amazing value for a very good quality portrait camera although limited to a narrow specialty use only. Mine is a split 70mm version. I found it not too hard to convert the magazine to accept 120 or 220 roll films. Or use a MF roll film back such as Mamiya film backs.

I plan to set it up loaded with a 220 roll in my living room with strobes. I will take portraits for every friend who comes to visit. It will be fun. The Camerz certainly is capable of very high quality portraiture. The image quality will be better than most if not all digital cameras with small sensors. I think we will be the last generation in using films. It's our opportunity to produce legendary images for the future generations to admire. Definitely should get one of these monsters and use it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doh, Sorry, I should have said Columbus Camera Group -- I tend to get the names mixed up, even though I used to live in Columbus; go figure...

Now they have them up to $20 a kit, better hurry!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't worry about that. Just search Camerz and it's there. It will be much cheaper if you are in the mid-west states for shipping. Again Camerz will be absolutely a fine studio portrait camera. I have seen images from such cameras. Plenty of sharpness. It should be fairly easy to convert its split 70mm film magazine to shoot with 120 or 220 roll films. 70mm long roll films are exactly 10 mm wider than 120/220 films. You can actually start to shoot with 120/220 films without modification but if you can keep the 120/220 films off from the center of the 70mm track on the magazine you will get perfect 645 images on the 120/220 films. I wond a long strip of 10mm wide tape to the bottom of my 70mm spool in the magazine. Hope that will keep the 120/220 film off the center of the spool thus allowing the full 6x4.5 image to be captured with proper orientation on the 120/220 film. I prefer 220 rolls as they give me 32 frames in one roll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin