Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,495   Online: 1077

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    My view is from using a 150 on the Mamiya 7, not the Mamiya 6.
    sure, but even so... I am curious what in your opinion sucks about the 150 and why is the 210 pointless...

Anyway, obviously people have different opinions of gear, and that's fine.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have recently been using a pentax 645 as my travel camera. A 50 and 150 lens make a great combo that is no bigger really than a dlsr or big 35. Yes, the negative is smaller than some, but the lenses are great, the camera is well built, with a very good viewfinder, an accurate meter, and some automation.It makes for a great portable travel rig.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    I have an RB67 and I love it. Yes it's heavy. No it's not too heavy for me to take it and a couple of lenses and a tripod on an 8 mile hike. Honestly I really don't understand it when people say it's too heavy to carry around. Granted, there are times when I want to travel lighter or my RB setup isn't practical for the situation and thats when I take my M645 Super.

As has been mentioned, you shouldn't try to solve everything with one camera.
    I've been doing the same with my RB system - many miles, over mountains, etc. - for a number of years but now I need something weighing less because my age is forcing me to travel lighter, especially with overnight camping gear included in my pack. I turned 60 last week and discovered, while hiking a 2500ft vertical rise with my 3 son's, that 30+ lbs on my back is too much for me.

I've been looking at the M645 Super with 2 lenses, @ only about 5-6 lbs total (less tripod) - I figured that the weight is about the same as my Galvin 2x3 w/roll film holder and 2 lenses, lupe, lens boards, etc. - and gives me the option of shooting hand held rather than missing the shot due to a lack of speed (setting up).
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about the Bronica GS-1? Does anyone have experience with this camera system and can compare it to the SQA, RB, 500 C/M? iI happen to like square images but I can crop a 6x7 to make a square but if I crop a 6x6 I may as wll shoot 645.

Scott

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin