Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,236   Online: 1075

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RZ67 220 back with 120 film

I should have a 'new' toy to play around with tomorrow. The RZ67 is coming with a 220 back and I only have 120 film. I do have a 120 back coming as well but it may take another day or two. I know some people use 120 film in a 220 back. There is a lot of mixed information out there-will 120 film damage the 220 back?

Scott

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't see how it could damage the back. It will place the film slightly forward of where it should be by the thickness of the backing paper.

The logical thing to do is wait for the 120 back but you sound as impatient as me so I know you're going to try it!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think it will damage the back, but the film may not like being dragged through the restricted opening, and as Steve says, it will effect focus.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just being pedantic! It will affect focus, not effect it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You are and it will; but will the effect be noticeable.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 120 back is here at work-I hope the camera is waiting for me when I get home I think I'll use the 220 back for color film since it's less expensive to process 220 compared to 120 on a per image basis. I'll use the 120 back for my black and white negative film. I never would have gone for a 220 back so I'm glad the camera came with one.

Shouldn't the pressure plate take care of the difference in thickness between film only (220) and film plus backing paper (120)?

Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    120 in 220 is fine (I've done it with rb and horseman backs), the converse is not so fine.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin