Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,754   Online: 942

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RZ67 flash advice

Apologies in advance for such a basic question. I have a Metz 36CT2 mecablitz flash unit which I have previously used on an OM-1 only at flash sync speed. What is involved in putting it on my RZ67? Am I correct in thinking I need a cable to connect flash to lens to syncronize with shutter speed? Do I need another cable from the hot shoe? There is a spot at the base of the flash unit which looks like it accepts one or more plugs. Any advice and specific cable accessory numbers greatly appreciated.
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forget isn't it a cold shoe?

I don't know that model Metz. I think it's a shoe mount? I'd drop Metz tech support in Europe a note. They tend to be pretty quick.

Off the top of my head I think you need a basic foot for the flash and a sync cable. I think Metz made a 300 series module for the RZ but all it does is fire the flash. No TTL. In other words fancy and higher cost but no better then a sync cable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin