Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,378   Online: 806

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personally - my favourite MOST USEABLE MF cameras in order of how easy it is to make a quality photograph with are

1. Rollei 6000 series
    2. Rolleiflex TLR
    3. Hasselblad
    8 (or thereabouts) Rollei SL-66 (they're just clunky and BIG IMO). Even though their specs look great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Personally - my favourite MOST USEABLE MF cameras in order of how easy it is to make a quality photograph with are

1. Rollei 6000 series
    2. Rolleiflex TLR
    3. Hasselblad
    8 (or thereabouts) Rollei SL-66 (they're just clunky and BIG IMO). Even though their specs look great.
    And for landscapes, my Mamiya 6x7 and my Fuji 6x7 and 6x9s trump my Rolleis and Hassleblad.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It is good you have so many trump cards. I get too many cards in my hand and I lose track of what I have. Sort of like having only one lens. It gets ingrained in my brain. Is the camera using me or am I using it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own one of each and over the years have gotten much more use out of my Rollei. I really like my Hasselblad for what it is, but think of it primarily as a studio camera and hardly ever take it out into the world. My Rollei, an E3, is my favorite camera, period, and its 2.8 Planar has the most pleasing image quality of any lens I've owned.

I happen to like fixed lens cameras and normal to moderately wide lenses - my Rollei and my Hexar AF have been my two most productive cameras for a long time.

Gary,

East Snook, TX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    It is good you have so many trump cards. I get too many cards in my hand and I lose track of what I have. Sort of like having only one lens. It gets ingrained in my brain. Is the camera using me or am I using it?
    I never was much good at counting trump cards.

I lost track of how many cameras I have a long time ago.

My cameras use me - no doubt about that!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    After using a Rolleichord for about 25 years I was able to borrow on long term a Hasselbald system. Liked it so much that I bought a body from David Odess and some backs and extension tubes on eBay. Advantages of the Rolleichord were compactness and light weight, easy of use and easier to hand hold. The advantage of the 'blad is of course interchangeable lenses and although the normal lens is my normal lens I find I use the 50mm a fair amount of the time. I really like the interchangeable backs as not only B&W or colour but also 100 or 400 and also IR on the same shot. When I decided to get a blad of my own I did think about selling the Rolleichord but my wife wisely said NO.

If you want to shoot close ups, change lenses or change film types all the time I would recommend the Hasselblad. Otherwise hard to go wrong with the Rolleiflex. Perhaps a good deal on the 'blad and a quality Rolleichord?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

1. Rollei 6000 series
    2. Rolleiflex TLR
    3. Hasselblad
    that's funny. or interesting. for me it is the other way around.

my Rolleiflex SL66E will take the first - second and third place...
    then my rolliflex 2.8C
    then something else

and at a 10'th number, maybe the hasselblad...

even my girlfriend (stine) has succumbed to the Rollei.

as she says: the hasselblad make me look sexy... but if I wanted to carry something around my neck that makes me feel sexy, then I'd rather buy a Gucci bag....

the Rollei is bigger and bulkier than the hassy, but not a lot, and the things you can do with it, by default, outshines a hasselblad any day...

much easier and quick to work with.

...and it is much cheaper than hasselblad...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, guess I'll join in too. I currently have 3 medium format cameras:
    Rollei 2.8F TLR
    Rollei SL6003 with 80mm f2.8 Planar
    Hasselblad 503CX with 150mm f4 Sonnar. I also have a 16mm extension tube and two A12 backs.

I use the TLR as a hand-held camera for candids, walking-around-shots, and portraits. It's my all-time favorite camera in the world. I've been using TLR's for 30 years.
    I use the SL6003 when I shoot from a tripod, usually portraits or landscapes. It's a nice camera, but I don't like the rechargeable batteries.
    I use the Hasselblad as a portrait and closeup camera, almost always on a tripod. It allows me to focus closer than any of the Rolleis, and the two backs allow me to switch films (color/B&W, HP5/FP4, etc.).
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using both the Hasselblad and Rollei for well over fifty years. I have used both in the studio and in the field. Both can give extremely satisfactory results. The user is the weakest link in either system. With out any shadow of doubt, my best negatives with either system and transparancies have been made with the Rolleiflex.

I began with a 500c and a 2.8 and 3.5 Rollei. Have updated many times over the years, however my earliest Rolleis and the 500c are still resting in their place in my camera room. My best overall negatives made in the past fifty years came from a Pentax 6x7 which still delivers excellent results. Were I in the market I would look very hard at the Rolleis, and leave the Hasselblads to the folks that want to talk about photography and are more interested in gear that that works as a statis symbol for them. A lot of great picture makers used and today are using Hasselblads
    but the majority of the "Blads" out in the world today are owned by folks who never expose a frame. A shame,
    they are great tools.

My opinion gathered from practical experience over a very long time in the profession.

Charlie.....................................

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think you can say the same thing about Rollei users Charlie. A lot of Rollei owners own mulitple Rollei cameras because they look so good on the shelf. And I'd bet a high percentage of Rollei owners do most of their photography with a digital camera. I agree with everything else you said including the quality of the P67 lenses. And you really see that a lens has a different feel from another lens when you start switching back and forth between P67 lenses and Rollie lenses.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin