Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,398   Online: 1021

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One more vote for the Hassie, though I would enjoy a more integrated light meter system.
    The quality of the lenses are amazing, and if you possess a Nikon, you can buy a adapter ring for using the Hasselblad lenses on the digital/film Nikon body.
    Interchangeable lenses system is a plus, and I mostly shoot with the 50mm and 150mm. In 2-3 years, you'll find a 16Mb digital back for about $1000.
    Can find a nice outfit (body+2 lens) for about $1600-$2000 on a e-bay or keh.com. The PM45 meter finder is ok, but add about 600 gr to the body.
    when travelling, it is pretty heavy..
    Last edited by Maretzo; 06-24-2008 at 08:44 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: complement of information; spelling

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake View Post
    Ok I've done it!! I've taken the plunge and purchased a Rolleiflex 3.5T 1970's rare "white face" model. It has a Maxwell screen already fitted and was recently serviced by Harry Fleenor. It comes with 2 filters and all works perfectly. Fingers crossed all works as described. I bought it off ebay and I have a good feeling about the authenticity of the seller. Thank you all for your help.
    It sounds like you got a great camera. The Maxwell screen is a great add on and should really make it a pleasure to use. Good shooting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats. You will not be disappointed. I have shot more weddings on a Rollei T than I've had hot dinners. Wonderful results every time. I've since moved on to a Rollei 3.5F, but only 'cause I went self-employed and my boss saw his a'ss. Enjoy!
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys, I can't wait to receive it and start shooting. I was very lucky to find a model serviced by Harry in Feb. 2008 and the have the maxwell screen installed. Any Rollieflex I purchased was going to be sent to him in any case, all the way from Australia mind you, for the above two actions. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the ad. It cost me $750 and I thought it was worth it with the above as it would have cost me $450.00 to ship and return.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin