Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,033   Online: 1001

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Funny you should make this comparison. For a while I had my wife's Yashica D, my dad's erstwhile Rollieflex, and my C220 on a shelf together side by side. At the moment the Yashica D, and the Rollie still sit there, but ever since we bought a prism finder for the Mamiya, I use that camera a lot, and when it sits, it sits in a bag with 3 lenses, several rolls of film, and a spot meter all ready to go out the door with me. Of the three camera systems I use (P67, Shen Hao, and C220) it's the lightest, sits happily on a Bogen 3001 'pod with a small Bogen ball head, and occupies the smallest bag of all. And to think I was going to sell it a while ago... Yikes!!
    Don't remind me of that. I accidentaly sold my 55mm lens, kept a 135 that I never use and I have TWO 180 "Super".

I also own a Bronica GS-1 equipment, nice gear, but in the end I always prefer my 330f.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CMO, is that a covert call to sell me your 180 Super?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    CMO, is that a covert call to sell me your 180 Super?
    That was not my plan, but if you like... I would also trade it for a 55mm lens to turn back the clock... :-)

BTW, I live in Germany, shipping and customs might be an obstacle.
    Last edited by cmo; 06-25-2008 at 03:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own a C330 TLR and though it may be heavier and bigger than other TLR's out there, I find it to be be a perfecdtly usable hand held tool. I rarely put the camera on a tri-pod and just old the camera with my left hand and use my right to focus and wind the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Until they were stolen I had a pair of Mamiya's a C33 and a C3 with 80mm & 55mm lenses. The slightly heavier body compared to the Rollei's and Yashica's etc really make a huge difference when shooting hand held. The extra mass makes it easier to get good sharp results at low shutter speeds.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've been using Mamiya TLRs for longer than I care to remember, and like Matt am also left handed, I agree with him entirely, the left hand L grip improves the handling no end, especially since the camera with the bellows extended is front heavy, even more so with a telephoto lens pair attached, it enables you to wind on and focus with your right hand, and fire the shutter with your left index finger, while resting the camera on your right palm, you can hold it very steady, the prism is very handy too, if you want to develop muscles like a Russian shot putter !! .
    I'f you really want exercise, shoot a wedding with a RB using the grip with a flash mounted.

I did that one time - did I tell you how much I like my Hasselblad?

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera size is partly a function of the interchangable lenses. The internal baffle dictates the body depth, just as the mirror does on SLRs. Add in the need for a rigid lens panel, with all the metal frame and gearing, and the scale of the camera makes sense.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    That was not my plan, but if you like... I would also trade it for a 55mm lens to turn back the clock... :-)

BTW, I live in Germany, shipping and customs might be an obstacle.
    Hm, Germany shipping, this might be expensive! I may pass this time...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Szabo View Post
    I'f you really want exercise, shoot a wedding with a RB using the grip with a flash mounted.

I did that one time - did I tell you how much I like my Hasselblad?
    Is that exercise or masochism?

The problem with the RB/RZ is this: if you look into the waist level finder you need a counterbalance on your back, otherwise you might topple over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin