Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,414   Posts: 1,596,545   Online: 1111

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I LOVE my C33. Awesome system. I never understood complaints about weight anyhow. Come on. Are we a bunch of sissys?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hold my handbag

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I LOVE my C33. Awesome system. I never understood complaints about weight anyhow. Come on. Are we a bunch of sissys?
    Hold my handbag, and I'll tell you !!, seriously, I like heavy cameras I find them easier to hold still, I think It's something to do with inertia. I too have a C33, and find It's quite a lot heavier then my C330F, and Its built like a WW11 Russian tank, it was old when I got it about twenty years ago and will probably outlast me, but it still takes good pictures, I wish I did.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Y'all can scream and moan about the mamiya with a grip.... I shot a fair amount with a 65mm lens and a hand grip. Nice setup, just plant yourself firmly and shoot. I do prefer an "el" grip with a flash mount on top but the grip with the camera on top, neck strap keeping things stable work well.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made a rig out of bath chain, I welded a length of it to a 1/4" B.S.W. ever ready case screw, so I can screw the chain into the camera tripod bush and stand on the chain, so I can hold it and gently pull on the chain, it's like a portable tripod that goes in my pocket.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anybody know a good way of visualising a 6x4.5 crop in-camera? I'm finding it difficult using the whole 6x6 groundglass screen. I was thinking of buying a spare screen and putting lines on there with permenant marker.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the model you have takes interchangeable screens , the No.6 checker screen is a big help.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    Anybody know a good way of visualising a 6x4.5 crop in-camera? I'm finding it difficult using the whole 6x6 groundglass screen. I was thinking of buying a spare screen and putting lines on there with permenant marker.
    Just put a piece of thin cardboard or dark paper over your screen. It will stay in place easily because the focussing screen is sandwiched under a thin sheet of metal, which is raised slightly above the screen.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin