Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,746   Online: 881

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Graphlex XL, too. Although I don't often use the RF, it works fine when I do. It allows 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 depending on the back you use, and there is, if you can find it, even a 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagelike View Post

Mamiya RZ/RB
    Bronica SQ series

They seem to fit my budget and practical needs.

Before I head out and do a search for this here, can I hear some opinions of what would work best for me in terms of working with street photography.

Thanks in advance.
    Neither. Of the two I'd choose the Bronica but there are other choices for street.

Fuji made small 645 rangefinders. The later models had all modern comforts.

Or if you want a bigger negative the 6x9 Fujis.

In some ways the Pentax 645 is a great snap shot camera. Built in meter,winder and prism.

Any of the system cameras can be outfitted with the finder of your choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 645 with wlf and metered prism and the prism is on it most of the time now, it's not that heavy. I have an RB67 with the wlf and a prism, the prism is very heavy and since it doesn't have a meter in it I'm not sure what value it is other than bringing the camera up to eye level, the wlf is going to be on that camera most of the time.

For street shooting, which I don't do anymore, I could use my Nikon F3hp. The big problem with street shooting with big mirror cameras is the klump, klump of the mirror. If I had to do some street type of thing today it would probably be with my Busch 23 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and a roll film back. That's what it was made for. Leaf shutter and RF, no mirror just a work horse.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin