Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,962   Online: 813

Thread: old rollei

Shooter
    35mm

old rollei

hi.

I'm sure you can help me with this..??

Just been shown an old rolleiflex at my camera club and asked if I know what model it is and how the film transport works.

I think its a rollei 2b...serial number is 998587...lens is f 3.5 c.z.j.triotar
    lens number is 2724145 shutter 1 sec to 1/250th compour.

shutter tension and release is all one lever and there is no cable release option.

film 'red window' on the base plate protected when not viewing with a stainless steel slide.

camera works ok except shutter speeds 1/2 and 1 sec dont run and the others all seem to be slow.

my main puzzle is what the small silver button under the film advance
    knob is for...I have worked out that it does something with the frame counter
    but not quite sure and what is the function of the centre button in the film advance please.

any comments / advice / I.D would be most welcome.

pquesr....rochdale uk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suspect you wind the film on till the arrows on the film paper reach a set of dots on the film carrier plane. You then close the door on the back of the camera, press the button and wind on till the number says "1". It should stop automatically.

Perhaps with a red window, you wind on till the number says '1', then you press the button.

A triotar eh? hmmmm.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    use the red window to advance to frame 1 then close it.
    Then you press the silver button and the button in the wind on together to return the film counter to 1.
    You then should be set to go.
    Mark

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Antony View Post
    use the red window to advance to frame 1 then close it.
    Then you press the silver button and the button in the wind on together to return the film counter to 1.
    You then should be set to go.
    Mark
    Correct.

If the camera has a Compur-Rapid shutter, it's a Rolleicord II, type 5. I assume it is, since it has the 1/250 speed. (but it goes to 1/500 - the speed lever is stiffer when you set the highest speed). OR it's a type 4, if the fastest speed is 1/300.

Here's a manual for the Rolleicord II. The only difference is that the camera you looked at has it's shutter built in.

http://elekm.net/downloads/Rolleicord%20II%20manual.pdf

Shooter
    35mm

thanks !

Wow...many thanks for the info.

I downloaded the pdf at it told me all I need to know.

Any ideas on how to fix the sticky shutter ?

The triotar...what quality does it give me ?

Pquser....rochdale.

Shooter
    35mm

shutter.

hi again.

forgot to say the shutter is not the rapid version..just straight compur.

Bob.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=pquser;646402]Any ideas on how to fix the sticky shutter ?

The triotar...what quality does it give me ?[QUOTE]The shutter needs a CLA. Often it's just the slow speeds that are sticky (1 - 1/10), and the faster speeds ok. You could use "B" for the slow speeds if you need to, before sending the camera for CLA.

Yes, it has a cable release socket, at 7 o'clock on the shutter. But you will need an older cable release with a smaller head.

The Triotar is one of the best three element lenses. Very sharp stopped down a bit.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/5...tar-xenar.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin