Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,530   Online: 1061

Thread: Rolleiflex T

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleiflex T

Can rolleiflex T type 1 take 220 film? I saw one has 24 on it. but I don't know how the 24 can be brought up. Thanks.
    Last edited by dxphoto; 06-24-2008 at 09:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    as far as I know the Rolleiflex T cannot take the 220 film. But it can make 4 1/2 x 6 cm pictures with the additional "Maskensatz 16". This consists of a frame for the film window which automatically shifts the advancing gear to 16exposures instead of 12 and a frame for the focusing screen and for the sport viewfinder. With this mask set you can also shoot 4 x 4 cm "super-slides". Some late models of the 3,5 F and 2,8 F could take 220 film as the Yashica Mat 124.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the 24-counter is for use with the 27x40-mask.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My T has the 6X45 kit. As Jochen mentions above, the 16 exposure kit turns the camera into a 645 TLR. I strongly recommend using a prism finder when using the 645 kit. Turning the camera on its side with the reversed waist level finder causes brain damage...

I have never seen a 24 kit. The film advance will only shift to the 16 exposure mode, not 24. While I have the 645 kit, I rarely use it.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I think JPD is right, the transport gear for 24 exposures was for the Rolleicord. At this camera you can exchange the complete transport gear for different formats. 24 was for the panaorama format 27 x 40 mm. For the use of 220 film you also need an adjustable film pressure plate to compensate the difference in thickness due to the lack of the back paper. Neither the Cord nor the T-model have such a plate. Reputedly a small series of T-models should have had a counter for 12/24 exposures but my camera doesn't have it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin