Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,158   Online: 954

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately, the Agfa Isolette arrived today with a totally frozen distance/focus ring. Its now in the box and being posted by to the seller for a full refund!

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi and welcome. I have an Isolette I which can produce some great shots. Of course you have to accept certain limitations such as a fixed lens and a viewfinder which is a little crude compared to an SLR. It's not an action camera. It's a "stop and think and do things slowly" camera and yet with the aperture set at f11 or better still f16 and 400 film it's depth of field give it a very reliable point and shoot quality. Even the limit of 3 speeds of 1/25th, 1/50th and 1/200th doesn't really crimp my style much.

pentaxuser

pentaxuser

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was very fortunate to be at an estate auction yesterday. The fellow apparently was unable to pass up any camera sold at a garage sale. Anyway, I bought several interesting looking old folders (he must have had a fifty old folders; I limited myself to ones which were still in their boxes. A couple still had instructions, so that was a good strategy.) For $12 I got:

- a Kodak Monitor Six-20
    - Kodak Junior Six-16 Series II
    - Kodak #2 Folding Autographic Brownie

The Brownie looks like it takes standard 120 film and I understand that the 620 film for the Monitor is just respooled 120 film. But is there a reliable source of 616 film? That Junior Six-16 is interesting because it looks a lot like it's almost a panoramic format, which would just be too much fun.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin