Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,627   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest "Gift"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Latest "Gift"

It's funny what some folks give you when they find out you're still doing "film" photography. My brother-in-law mentioned he had a Hasselblad left to him by a cousin, but not working if I would be interested in tinkering with it, I was welcome to it. My brother-in-law is strictly a digital user.

So, with the name Hasselblad, figured it was at least worth a drive over there. Turns out it's a 1000F w/Zeiss Sonnar 3.5 135MM. Not exactly the darling of the Hasselblad family. Turns out it works fine, or appears to. He just didn't know how to cock the shutter. Lens has been covered with a haze filter so the glass is in good shape. The interior is clean. The only cosmetic defects are some very slight corrosion on some edges of the chrome trim and some of the leatherette covering is loose on some corners.

One of these days I'll give it a try. Getting use to stopping down the diaphragm is going to be interesting. I wonder how many times I'll forget?
    Last edited by bobwysiwyg; 06-29-2008 at 04:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D' y' know, around these parts, folks are that tight, they wouldn't part with the steam from their s**t! Nobody gives anything away! I'm deeply jealous
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You got a fine thing there.
    Both the 1000 F camera and Zeiss 135 mm lens are great things, delivering more than excellent results.

Just be careful not to damage the shutter curtains when the back is off.

Manual stopping down for each shot is indeed something you have to get used to. But you will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rummaged around a bit more. In addition to the 135mm mounted to the camera, there was an 80mm at the bottom of the box. Also appears to be in very good condition. Reading round the rim; Zeiss-Opton Nr588759 Tessar 1:2.8 f-80mm T. The "T" is in red. Anyone have an idea as to the quality of this lens?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The newly found 80mm was made in 1951. I wasn't aware there was a T* in 1951.

Not sure of quality but damn cool anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    At the very least, you got a hell of a collectible.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm beginning to feel like an archaeologist. Found one last piece and I've never seen anything like this before. It's some sort of telephoto lens and it's focused via a trigger like handle. The reference to Bronica is merely a UV filter. The lens functions, clean glass though the diaphragm is a bit stiff, it too works. Anyone ever seen anything like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0097.jpg   IMG_0098.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm

Novoflex

This lens was introduced by Kilfit at the 1956 Photo Kina.
    There were adapters for many of the popular cameras of the time. I've handled a few over the years but never had the oppertunity to shoot with one. Seems awkwood to use but there is a knob to lock the focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the background. Yes, it handles awkwardly. Yes, again, there are screw locks both left and/or right to lock the focus. After I give all the lenses a cleaning I'll have to shoot with them and see what turns out.. or not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 80 mm Tessar is a decent lens, but nothing special. The Kodak 80 mm Ektar that was also available for this camera is a bit better.

The "T" on the Tessar is only a "T", not a "T*".
    "T" coating was invented quite a few years before the 1950s.

But the Novoflex lens made by Kilfit, and introduced in the 1950s?
    I don't know... It's one of those follow-focus thingies Novoflex sold from - i believe - the late 1970s or thereabouts. (Edit: Make that the late 1980s... or the late 1950s after all)
    Novoflex not making cameras (still don't) they made adapters to fit these thingies to almost everything (still do).
    Last edited by Q.G.; 06-30-2008 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin