Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,265   Online: 911

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Distance scale for Mamiya TLR 105mm DS

Does anyone know if it's possible to find somewhere extra distance scales for the 105mm f3.5 DS to use on the C330?

Only the C330s come built-in with the proper scale, and I have an older model calibrated for the back focus of the pre-DS lens.

Or if anyone could draw it 1:1 on a sheet of paper, it would be fine. I'd just like to mark my camera for infinity focus and a few other points.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C330 series uses a rod with distance scales on it. It is supposed to be user-exchangable (if you can find the right version (metres/feet and focal length set)). You might try a scale on the lensboard reading from the front of the camera. The earlier versions worked that way. Just focus the camera on items at infinity, 20 feet, 10 feet, 3 feet, or whatever, and mark the label. Try this link and look at the C220 left side picture. I'm suggesting a linear scale like the exposure compensation scale at the bottom of this picture.
    http://www.gapatterson.com/grahamp/c220/c220.html

To be honest, I rarely if ever use distance scales. Exposure compensation and parallax indication, sometimes.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My C330 Pro (not Pro F or Pro S) has the scale marked for the 105mm D and DS (same scale).

I am not the original owner, so it's possible it was replaced with a new version at some point in time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I was scouring high and low to find a replacement scale, but I don't think too many people ever bought them.

Wanna trade? Unless you're using the 105mm DS, of course.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin