Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,456   Online: 893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Enjoy the camera..these RB's are fun and will result in some great pictures.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Where is it attached to the camera, at the factory mount locations? Is it like a standard strap but shorter, the six to seven inches you state? Sound like a good way to the pick it up.

Curt
    Yes Curt, I used the metal clips that come with the shoulder straps (KEH sells the metal clips separately) and made my own nylon short strap - long enough to fit my hand through - attached to the factory mounts. It stays clear of the WLF when open or closed.

It gives me a way to pick the camera up with one hand, especially when it's tucked in a backpack. It also makes it easy to set it on a tripod, or just walking around with it in one hand.

Paul
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Curt, I used the metal clips that come with the shoulder straps (KEH sells the metal clips separately) and made my own nylon short strap - long enough to fit my hand through - attached to the factory mounts. It stays clear of the WLF when open or closed.

It gives me a way to pick the camera up with one hand, especially when it's tucked in a backpack. It also makes it easy to set it on a tripod, or just walking around with it in one hand

Thanks Paul I'll have to make one.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice. A group with a sense of humor. And in good physical condition, too.

Lets's see, now. The camera weighs 4.5 pounds, so the tripod should weigh at least 9.0 pounds. Yup, got that covered with the old Davis & Sanford.

Enjoy; Ralph Javins

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Nice. A group with a sense of humor.
    There's plenty of that. And plenty of good advice too. Wecome to APUG.

I'm not going to offer any advice as I have just about all medium format formats covered and all of the cameras are good for their individual reasons such as a lightweight 6x6 folder for taking on walks, an RB67 for appearing eccentric with (actually, that last reason covers me with any of my cameras!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    There's plenty of that. And plenty of good advice too. Wecome to APUG.

I'm not going to offer any advice as I have just about all medium format formats covered and all of the cameras are good for their individual reasons such as a lightweight 6x6 folder for taking on walks, an RB67 for appearing eccentric with (actually, that last reason covers me with any of my cameras!).

Steve.
    I prefer the "because I can" argument. If I did not need to purchase holders, dev holders, a dev tank, etc, I would have a 4x5. (I eventually will, but that is for another day.)

I can, I like it, you can keep your little P&S cameras (digi, APS or 35mm).

Ok, I just workup from a nap and will stop rambling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin