Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,618   Online: 902

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

First MF camera!!!

Well, I just bought my first MF camera, an RB67 Pro-S. Yeh, I would have like a Pro-SD, but could not justify the price difference. Maybe upgrade the body one day in the future.

I am excited, cannot wait for it to arrive. The even gave me next day shipping at the 2 day price so I will get it before the holiday.

(And, yes, I made sure to order film too. :P)

Jason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camera is a tank but you'll love it once you get use to it. Shooting is a bit weird in the begining with double cocking for every frame. But that gives you time to think about the next shot.

Get a real sturdy strap for it. Sling it over your head n over a shoulder, adjusted for the right eye height when you swing it up to shoot. That way you won't walk around like a hunchback with an anchor around his neck.

What I especially enjoy is the revolving back. It really makes a difference you worn't notice till you sling a Bronica or Pentax and have to do portraits instead of landscape frames.

I can never use a WLF with so much stray light coming in, I use a chimney finder instead with the adjustable diopter. It blocks all the stray light, is leight weight compared to a 4LB prism adn is very handy for critical focusing.

Enjoy your new toy.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Get a real sturdy strap for it.
    Tripod ...
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Tripod ...
    Tripods? I don't need no stinking tripod. As the shirt my wife got me for Father's Day says: Strong Like Bull

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schwefel View Post
    Strong Like Bull
    Smart like Tractor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Smart like Tractor?

No, smart like chickin. Tractors have no brains. Sheesh, a tractor.

Oh well, one piece at a time.

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What no lenses? Add one of those long ones on and you will really feel like a boat. When I got my Pro S just recently and put on a tele then placed it on a tripod I started to wonder why they don't make helium bags for tripods. I need to weigh the thing and see if it's as heavy as the Calumet C1!

No, smart like chickin. Tractors have no brains. Sheesh, a tractor.
    I have never laughed so much in my life, BTW I had a tractor once that I swore had a brain of its own.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    What no lenses? Add one of those long ones on and you will really feel like a boat. When I got my Pro S just recently and put on a tele then placed it on a tripod I started to wonder why they don't make helium bags for tripods. I need to weigh the thing and see if it's as heavy as the Calumet C1!

I have never laughed so much in my life, BTW I had a tractor once that I swore had a brain of its own.
    Helium balloons are so 20th century. My anti-grav camera plate is almost ready. It will screw on to the tripod mount. That is why I got the RB, it is built like a tank. During testing, if it fails, I am not worried about the camera dropping. It was either that or use the kids to test. For some reason the wife took umbridge at using the kids. Women, never figure them out. This will revolutionize the photo industry, I tell you.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by schwefel View Post
    Well, I just bought my first MF camera, an RB67 Pro-S. Yeh, I would have like a Pro-SD, but could not justify the price difference. Maybe upgrade the body one day in the future...

Jason
    Good choice - the best bang for the buck. The Pro-SD was designed to take the 75mm shift lens and the 500mm APO. Unless you plan to buy these (very heavy) lenses, the upgrade isn't necessary. Have fun!

P.S. I made a short hand strap that extends over in front of the WLF (approx. 6-7" long) which makes it easy to move it around. I hate shoulder straps, they get in my way and the camera swings around too much with much momentum because of the weight. Good luck!

Paul
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    P.S. I made a short hand strap that extends over in front of the WLF (approx. 6-7" long)
    Where is it attached to the camera, at the factory mount locations? Is it like a standard strap but shorter, the six to seven inches you state? Sound like a good way to the pick it up.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin